Linux Playing to OpenELEC from NAS using DLNA
Hi,

I initially posted this to the OpenELEC forums, but I was told to post here instead. I don't know if this is the right sub forum to post in. If not, please let me know or move my post Smile

I have a Synology NAS. It runs a DLNA server, which can stream audio and video to various sources. It also holds my audio/video collection. I would like to be able to stream audio and video to my Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC. I would like to be able to control what is streaming to what, using various sources. For instance, I can control what is playing using my phone and/or the web interface for the NAS. But OpenELEC doesn't seem to be able to control that. It is able to play(render?) stuff that i "play to" it, but I am unable to e.g. pause playing or forward to the next song in the playlist that is on the DLNA server. Is there any to set up OpenELEC/XBMC so that I am able to control this?

My second issue is that OpenELEC is often acting kind of strange. When I log into my NAS, I can see that it does find XBMC, but I can't play to it. I have to do a lot of rebooting in order to get it to work. The NAS log file contains the following line
Code:
upnp.cpp:320 [XBMC (OpenELEC)] GetTransportInfoResponse [TransportState] = STOPPED
, which I guess means that XBMC stops the song that Im trying to play.

I can get it to work sometimes, but then XBMC just says "playing 3b85ec9ab2984.mp3". No info regarding song title, artist or anything. I have tried to enable AirPlay on XBMC, and when I stream to XBMX(Airplay) instead of XBMC(DLNA), XBMC will show artist information as well as a little image of the album cover. But obviously I would like to use DLNA instead of airplay.

So, to summarize:

1) How can I ensure a stable ability to send DLNA streams to OpenELEC/XBMC?
2) How can I control what is played on my DLNA server using XBMC/OpenELEC?
3) How can I get artist information(song title, artist name, etc) to be displayed on XBMC when streaming from my DLNA server to XBMC/OpenELEC?

I am running Synology Video Station, Audio Station and Media Server. I run OpenELEC (Milhouse) Version: devel-20131215184433-r16572-gb5a38fc.The reason for running this was that I experienced issues(laggy and with issues playing locally stored audio files) with the official build.

Thank you in advance for any replies, suggestions or ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing to OpenELEC from NAS using DLNA0