• 18(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
(2016-12-03, 18:37)misa Wrote: Very frustrating this, even after login still the popup you have to login

Have you tried putting your credentials again? I had that happen too and I inserted the credentials again and it was fixed. Make sure the credentials are ok by login to the opensubtitles page first.
@opensubtitles, you do realise that whoever installed the unofficial version that you published a few days ago through zip file, with version number 5.1.14 will never get automatically the new official version (5.0.16), right?
Hi
on my side (version 5.0.16) the srt file is being downloaded but fails to move to the NAS where are stored my files (movies and series).
I got this type of error :
"upnp://1684f1d5-3955-b012-377f-65efcc24dca6/5e396d946b212b1ac450/mysubtitles.fr.sub failed"
(SMB is used to access this NAS. (smb://NAS/…).)
(2016-11-28, 14:30)jp2code Wrote:
(2016-11-26, 05:42)opensubtitles Wrote: this change is caused because KODI owners doesn't allow to have any ads in KODI (even in subtitles). So we force users either to login or see ads in subtitles (one in start, one in end). Now is transition period.

Cool. Thanks for the note.

By the way, often I flip through 5 or more subtitle files before I land on one that is synced up pretty good. Then I come back to watch that particular movie again, and I have to go look up the subtitles again.

Is there a way that the subtitles file can save to the folder for use in Kodi the next time I play the movie? Best I can tell, the subtitles file seems to go to a temp folder currently.

There could already be a setting for that. If so, it isn't in the Kodi settings for opensubtitles.org plug-in or in the online options.

This works for me without any other addons. I think what does it is putting in a custom directory for saving the subtitles. I have it in /home/kodi/subtitles
This new 'official opensubtitles.org add-on' 5.0.16 still complains about having to log in. Is something wrong, or are they going to block all Kodi downloads that don't have an account there? That would be something I can understand from their point of view, but it would be nice to know. Wink
hello @willemd, with new official addon in KODI repository, you have to be logged in in order to download subtitles. More info at http://osdb.link/kodi
I don't see a real issue to make a account to use this add-on,
Just glad we got a working version.
Thnx for making it possible.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Yes, I agree that it's no issue.

But I was a bit confused, I thought it wasn't necessary to login, because the Opensubtitles website specifically says, in the very same link they posted two posts above here:
Quote:"2. Install new OpenSubtitles KODI add-on from OpenSubtitles.org

Steps how to install new add-on, improved by us, where you don’t have to insert your username and password:"

You see the discrepancies. Wink
(2016-12-15, 09:14)TRaSH Wrote: I don't see a real issue to make a account to use this add-on,
Just glad we got a working version.
Thnx for making it possible.

Wait till they implement restrictions like daily search and download limits to try and get you to pay for a premium account
Allot of sites have a limit,
I know addic7ed has a limit of 50 or 40 a day.
Time will tell what OS will do.
I don't use it on a daily basis,
Only when the subs are out of sync.
Or google translate.

(2016-12-16, 09:30)TRaSH Wrote: Allot of sites have a limit,
I know addic7ed has a limit of 50 or 40 a day.
Time will tell what OS will do.
I don't use it on a daily basis,
Only when the subs are out of sync.
Or google translate.

50 per day is a number that would prevent abuse, but not necessarily push users to a paid account.

Opensubtitles already indicated in this thread that their intention is to push users to convert to paying accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if that limit is something like 2-3 per day
The addon can not find any subtitles for movies, it works only tv shows. It is strange, coul anyone help me? Thx
Not without a debug log (wiki) but before posting please read the Banned add-ons (wiki)

Since a few days official opensubtitles addon (I mean, from official kodi repi) keeps saying my username/password is invalid or empty. Of course, my credentials are valid. I guess opensubtitles has changed something at their side and it prevents your addon from login.

Btw, this addon seems to be ok: http://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/kodi...titles.zip but there is other problem, I always need to type search text to be able to find any subtitles.

I'm confused - please clarify, opensubtitles devs has created their own addon or it's the same?
For me it sometimes says username / password is empty, but then next time it works... really strange. Also, sometimes it fails to download... not all the time but only sometimes...
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2