• 2(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
Ok guys open subtitles is back up .everything is ok.
Frodo12.3 all open subtitles is working fine as I typed here now
Hi everyone,

I've upgraded yesterday to Openelec 4.0 and didn't have an issue with the subtitles. However, I am now getting a script error when I try to download subtitles from Opensubtitles :

Quote:17:27:29 T:140638737643264 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://%2fstorage%2f.xbmc%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fservice.subtitles.opensubtitles%2ft​emp%2fOpenSubtitles.zip/
17:27:29 T:140638737643264 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/temp/OpenSubtitles.zip
17:27:29 T:140638737643264 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.py", line 168, in <module>
subs = Download(params["ID"], params["link"],params["format"])
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.py", line 92, in Download
if xbmcvfs.exists(subtitle_list[0]):
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

I've uninstalled the service/rebooted/reinstalled without any luck. I've tried different tv shows, same issue. I've installed another service for subtitles and it works.

Does anyone have any idea why it's stopped working?
full Debug Log on pastebin.com please
(2014-04-07, 15:18)unbrained Wrote: Just change line 22 from:
__temp__ = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __profile__, 'temp') ).decode("utf-8")
to:
__temp__ = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __profile__, 'temp') )

Not sure if it's the correct solution, just tried and it worked Smile

It' s been a while since my last response. But I'd like to report that on OpenElec 4.0.1 this has fixed the issue for me.

Thanks to unbrained for the quick hack and to amet for this brilliant addon.
Hello, I just upgraded to 13.0 from 12.2 on XMBCbuntu and subititles are not listed among the add-ons. I also tried to load the add-on from the subtitle menu in system but I'm shown an empty window. Any suggestion?
(2014-05-17, 17:10)joorus Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 15:18)unbrained Wrote: Just change line 22 from:
__temp__ = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __profile__, 'temp') ).decode("utf-8")
to:
__temp__ = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __profile__, 'temp') )

Not sure if it's the correct solution, just tried and it worked Smile

It' s been a while since my last response. But I'd like to report that on OpenElec 4.0.1 this has fixed the issue for me.

Thanks to unbrained for the quick hack and to amet for this brilliant addon.

Recently I'm also being having this problem with many subtitle services. With Latest OpenElec release.
Is the correction something that can go mainstream, or this brings other kind of problems to other users?
That sounds wrong. A lot of addons use

so i see no reason why that doesn't work. That line is exactly the reason a lot of addon DO work.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-06-03, 11:10)Martijn Wrote: That sounds wrong. A lot of addons use

so i see no reason why that doesn't work. That line is exactly the reason a lot of addon DO work.

Only not to duplicate the same subject, can you see my answer here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1726080

It seems that can be related to corrupt srt files. If so shouldn't the subtitle addons clean their own temp folder prior to download new files?
Hello!

I am using this add-on, but with the new Gotham version, I have a problem. I can't do any changes (Configuration) at the plugin. It asks me for user and password?
Same shit with other two subtitle add-ons I am using (Podnadpisi.net and Subscene.com)... When I try to make some changes and press Configure, all the plugins asks me for a user and password.

Can you help, please? Smile
Hi there

i very new to this , and read a lots of your posts on the forum and was thinking if you can help me on my problem .... i have an issue where i can't have the arabic subtitle getting loaded , i have changed the language field to arabic and put the windows arabic as a posted on the forum but even though it only brings me english subtitles when i try to , i have did a test to change it to another language to see if it is making any difference but seems to be stuck to the English .. it really driving me crazy ,,,,,,,,

am running gotham v13 on wind7 and trying to use opensubtitle where am usually getting the subs .
if you can help me on this i will be really grateful ....

Hatim.Angel

btw i followed this tuto : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...20services
Hi guys, I'm using the last version of opensubtitles add-on 5.0.8. But when I try to search for a subtitle this error happens: "Error searching for subtitles"

Here is the log:

*** log removed **
Any Ideas?
Hi guys, forget about my last question. The problem was with the Comodo Internet Security. Even if I have added XBMC to the Trusted Application on Firewall settings, I also had to add to the Defense+ settings too, on Comodo Internet Security. In other words, the connection problem was with the Firewall application.
Does it have advantages if you register at opensubtitles.org? Because I have seen that in the add-on you can set your user en password
Hi,
I am using XBMC Gotham for IOS. Ipad 2 7.1.1.

XBMC crashes and exit back to springboard. To reproduce the problem:

Open 1channel, favourite, select a movie, play from any source, click the "down" arrow to access subtitle, opensubtitle will list subtitles, select a subtitle to download and immediately crashed.

Log File
http://pastebin.com/jf2T5QHe
(2014-07-07, 14:06)akira01 Wrote: Hi,
I am using XBMC Gotham for IOS. Ipad 2 7.1.1.

XBMC crashes and exit back to springboard. To reproduce the problem:

Open 1channel, favourite, select a movie, play from any source, click the "down" arrow to access subtitle, opensubtitle will list subtitles, select a subtitle to download and immediately crashed.

Log File
http://pastebin.com/jf2T5QHe

Read Forum Rules, not our problem
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2