• 12(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
(2015-08-13, 17:40)GnFlala Wrote: Hello, i have posted on another thread with same problem as mine but since i am not sure anyone is tracking that thread i will also post here.

In kodi 15 (in windows, rpi2 osmc) searching for only for greek subs returns all languages that exists for that media.
Weird is that if i search for a second language along with greek it returns only the second language.

I have already try with the updated version from github (5.0.12), but problem is still there.
Working with no problems in kodi 14

Tell me if you need logs please.

Thank you in advance.

Hello, same problem here. Kodi 15.1 on Raspberry PI 2 with OSMC. Languages to search set to English (US) and Portuguese (Brazil), preferred language set to Portuguese (Brazil). Subtitles search returns all available languages, ignoring my settings.
Hello,

I have a little improvement suggestion

I'm using Russian and Hebrew as my subtitle languages and both have at least 4 different encodings.
UTF-8 is being used for newer content in most cases, but almost every show has at least 2 subtitles encoded with different encoding

The suggestion is to provide 'Convert to UTF-8' option as either global configuration option or submenu in the service.

I implemented basic charset detection->conversion using python chardet module, but don't have enough knowledge to add configuration options or submenus to the service

Please let me know what do you think about it. I guess there are other languages that have same mess with encodings

Thanks in advance
Stas
@amet, for pt-br work again, I revert fix greek commit* and work ok again, now only show pt-br items.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
AD on top of HardSub due to non English speech in an English tv-series....

ADS in subtitles = total fail

Supposedly we should be able to Rate the subtitle http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitle...-2-en#rate
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2015-10-01, 20:50)Wanilton Wrote: @amet, for pt-br work again, I revert fix greek commit* and work ok again, now only show pt-br items.

Really sorry that I messed up pt-br, I tested before submiting the pr and I got Portuguese results, but didn't realise they were not pt-br.
What if you make the if -> elif in line 151, does that work?

edit I think this works, so I submitted a pr, hope amet sees it soon.
@host505, tested and work fine with your pull request, thanks, hope @amet merge asap.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
OK amet merged the pr 5 days ago on his repo, but not on the official one.
I don't know what has to be done to merge upstream, I guess amet has to fill changelog and bump version number, and then ping someone?
I am not able to update to 5.0.13 from 5.0.11 so i thought uninstalling it and reinstall will work but now I cant even download and install it. Please help!!!
(2015-10-10, 07:17)jonatutu Wrote: I am not able to update to 5.0.13 from 5.0.11 so i thought uninstalling it and reinstall will work but now I cant even download and install it. Please help!!!

I can't install opentitles service either. Says failed to install. Structure is wrong error. What's the workaround?
heads-up:

the opensubtitles addon will no longer be available through our official addon repository.
we've come to this decision when we we're informed that opensubtiles has started to insert advertisements into subtitles.

cheers,
ronie
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-10-16, 22:23)ronie Wrote: heads-up:

the opensubtitles addon will no longer be available through our official addon repository.
we've come to this decision when we we're informed that opensubtiles has started to insert advertisements into subtitles.

cheers,
ronie

Good job you guys. To who do I need to send a list with addons which have in some way advertisements and are still in your repo?

This makes me laugh
Come on! Ads are indeed not my favorite but it is better than nothing!! All other sites have not so many languages and subtitles...

please put it back...
(2015-10-17, 15:09)misa Wrote: To who do I need to send a list with addons which have in some way advertisements and are still in your repo?

please pm me the list and i will look into it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-10-18, 16:49)ronie Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 15:09)misa Wrote: To who do I need to send a list with addons which have in some way advertisements and are still in your repo?

please pm me the list and i will look into it.

Just one example and so there are many more:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=243756

Making advertisent to NHL gamecenter account

What I mean is, in what way does Kodi thinks it's advertisement?....Please explain on what is allowed and what's not
amet says "https://github.com/amet/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/releases/tag/5.0.14b"
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2