• 14(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
I just want to say thank for your contribution to us. However, the addons couldn't search exactly movie name so all the result is wrong. Could you pls to fix the trouble. I'm on 5.0.14b Ver and using Pulsar to play Movie
Hi amet,

It sucks that the os addon is removed from the official repo.

Do you think you could put it in a third party repo so that it gets updated automatically in the future?

Thanks
I understood this plugin is removed from Kodi but can be copied from GitHub/amet repo. I must have got it originally from Kodi 15.1 installation. Now I updated it from GitHub.
No luck, I still have the same problem that Jaman42 explained in this forum already at 2014-08-13 :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1772294
I very often get 500 hits for subtitles and they have nothing to do with the actual movie name.
I understood Jaman42 was working on a fix. I can see some changes from him were merged in the repo. Was the problem fixed for somebody? Did anybody else even experience this problem?

A dummy question: Is it possible to load subtitles manually for a streaming video?
[Edit] Oops, found the manual search button.
as of tomorrow the opensubtitles addon will be available again through our official addon repository.
a big thanx to Brano (opensubtitles admin) for coming up with a solution to our issue!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-11-20, 19:15)ronie Wrote: as of tomorrow the opensubtitles addon will be available again through our official addon repository.
a big thanx to Brano (opensubtitles admin) for coming up with a solution to our issue!

Great.

May we know the solution?
(2015-11-20, 19:34)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 19:15)ronie Wrote: as of tomorrow the opensubtitles addon will be available again through our official addon repository.

Great.

May we know the solution?

instead of inserting advertisements in subtitles, a simple attribution line ("-==[ www.OpenSubtitles.org ]==-") will be added to the subs.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Awesome :-)
it works fine. thank you so much.
Hey,

since few days ago i encountered with issue regarding opensubtitle add-on.
each time i look for subtitle, it tell me "no subtitle found". and it searching for less than 1 second.
I've tried to look for subtitle for the same video on another PC - and there the add-on works perfectly.
i tried to uninstall and install the add-ons several of time but with no luck.
the only relevant lines on the logs (debug) file are:
Code:
11:49:01 T:1264   DEBUG: CInputManager::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
11:49:01 T:11404   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin OpenSubtitles.org('plugin://service.subtitles.opensubtitles/','32','?action=search&languages=English%2cHebrew&preferredlanguage=Hebrew')
11:49:01 T:11404   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the OpenSubtitles.org (id=44) plugin...
11:49:01 T:11348  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:49:01 T:11348    INFO: initializing python engine.
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): start processing
11:49:01 T:11348  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py"
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): entering source directory C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.subtitles.opensubtitles" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - action 'search' called
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - VideoPlayer.OriginalTitle not found
11:49:01 T:11348    INFO: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\RDT\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\service.py): script successfully run
11:49:01 T:11404   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
11:49:01 T:11348    INFO: Python script stopped
11:49:01 T:11348   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 11348 terminating
11:49:02 T:1264   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
11:49:02 T:1264   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe

any idea guys? i don't want to re-setup my entire kodi..

thanks!
Hi,

I´ve been using this addon for some time with good results.

However from some time now (i suspect since the last version), i can´t get any subtitles in PT-BR. If i search directly in the official Opensubtitles website, the subtitles are there, but they doesn´t show up in the addon. It only shows English. Portuguese eventually comes out but a long time after the Tv Show/Movie is released (i think it´s PT-PT). In fact i prefer PT-PT but the PT-BR are released way sooner.

In the Kodi settings, i have Portuguese as prefered subtitles language. It doesn´t distinguish from PT-PT and PT-BR. Maybe thats the reason? Maybe it´s looking only for PT-PT and not for PT-BR? I can´t find any configuration in the addon itself. It would be really nice to have it working for PT-BR.

This happens in both Windows and Android and in 15.x and 16.x Kodi versions.

Ronie, when on the Kodi Wiki page for this addon, it is still being listed as removed from the Official Repository. I do see it showing up as expected so I am not sure if we just need to get that Wiki page updated or?

Thanks
(2015-12-07, 03:48)confused2gether Wrote: Ronie, when on the Kodi Wiki page for this addon, it is still being listed as removed from the Official Repository. I do see it showing up as expected so I am not sure if we just need to get that Wiki page updated or?

thanx for the headsup!
i've removed the warning now.
I am still facing this issue , I am using the 5.0.14 release and the only way to get the subtitles is to enter the name of the movie/TV show manually.

I also notice that when I am watching a movie on my local network it works fine.

Any ideas?
(2015-11-28, 11:43)eitvrdt Wrote: Hey,

since few days ago i encountered with issue regarding opensubtitle add-on.
each time i look for subtitle, it tell me "no subtitle found". and it searching for less than 1 second.
I've tried to look for subtitle for the same video on another PC - and there the add-on works perfectly.
i tried to uninstall and install the add-ons several of time but with no luck.
the only relevant lines on the logs
any idea guys? i don't want to re-setup my entire kodi..

thanks!
This isn't the way to link a full debug log,
And it isn't a full debug log.
Do provide a link to a full debug log (wiki) then we might be able to help you
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I remember being able to download subs for an entire tv show season all at once. I can't seem to remember how to do it anymore. Has that option been taken out or am I just not seeing the option? Can anyone help?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2