Solved Intel NUC htpc setup, IR, harmony remote
Hi Guys,
This is a fantastic topic. Very thorough, but unfortunately it did not work for me completely. Wondering if someone can help me.

I followed all the instructions and I could only get the direction buttons (up/down/right/left) , play and volume buttons to work. ( Play toggles with Pause)
But nothing else worked. At the very least I need the OK/Select and context menu to work.

I am using:

Intel NUC - NUC5CPYH with Ubuntu 15.10 64bit.
Harmony One Touch Remote

Tried the following :
1. Added only single device with NUC model number.
2. Then tried with NUC + Media center computer/XBMC
3. Then Tried NUC + MEdia center Keyboard

All yield same results. OK/Select, Context menu, Back, Escape etc did not work. Help !
Its been awhile since I set mine up & a lot changed since then, but for me I needed all three devices added (I know the new Harmony's only have a limited # of slots, & that's unfortunate). When you are in the harmony software make sure you have the correct device inputting the corresponding command - for me I could only get the "ok" button to work when I had it run from the xbmc device. When i did it it was under "customize buttons" in the harmony set-up & u select the device u want to use for each button & the corresponding command. It's gonna be some trial-and-error it sounds like, but you seem almost there. Please post what device to add/use in harmony, if any, u find that works for those other commands.
Are these commands still valid:

#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir && echo "auto" | tee /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources && modprobe nuvoton-cir

Especially in LibreELEC 10 (Matrix).
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC htpc setup, IR, harmony remote3