Scraper and file automation
Hey I've just gotten into using XBMC and have a quick question about file management and ensuring the library is always functional and has a level of automation.

I've used tinymediaplayer to scrape and rename all my files so XBMC can see them properly as my initial import only showed about 30% of my library. Now that's sorted I was hoping to streamline the whole process in the future and to make things even simpler.

Is there a program that can scrape from my 'downloads' file find all the relevant info for .nfos, coverart etc and then move the file automatically into either my 'TV Shows' or 'Movie' folders. This means all I have to do is download whatever I'm after, open and run TMM or this program I seek, and then hit update library in XBMC. Is that right?

Otherwise am I missing something obvious to streamline the whole process?
Welcome to the XBMC forums

Hopefully you'll browse over the Wiki's and get a general overlook. I'd also suggest http://lifehacker.com/5900626/create-a-k...lete-guide and http://lifehacker.com/5536963/the-ultima...dia-center although some of the information is a bit dated, Frodo 12.3 is current stable software and we're well into Gotham builds now.

I suspect you'll be interested in Couch Potato and Sick Beard , info is in the wiki's as extra supplemental tools. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supplemental_tools But if all this looks a little daunting, you might just stick with something like theReanmer, for drag & drop ease, which should also move the file into a folder of the same name in a chosen path. XBMC can auto scrape these pre-massaged files on start-up without issue.

I don't think there is 3rd party software that can use info from tinymediaplayer (I may be mistaken, but I've never seen a message about it). A 30% success rate on first scrape is incredibly low, and more indicative of some naming convention issue. Grab theRenamer and see what it can do for you, my first pass was close to 85% not understanding stacking, dates and keeping TV videos from Movies apart. That last 15% had me burning candles but in the end I sorted it out.

Don't suffer issues, save them up and postem here.
Thanks for the reply Smile

Currently my process involves;

Download to "Downloads" > Drag and Drop the files myself into the right folders > TMM to rename and scrape > XBMC Library Update

This is proving successful and is all well and working, but I feel like I'm taking too many steps haha. Sickbeard and Couch Potato i've been reading up on but after reading up on NZBs and the newsgroup stuff I'm left a little confused. If I got Sickbeard/Couch Potato working would the process then become

Use Program to Download stuff which will scrape the info > Drag and Drop myself > XMBC Library Update

I guess the question I'm asking, is there a program that can download the stuff, rename and scrape at the same time and drop the files into the right spots so I can then just update the XBMC Libary and be done. Or am I expecting an over simplified process?
(2014-01-13, 18:00)RaGH Wrote: I guess the question I'm asking, is there a program that can download the stuff, rename and scrape at the same time and drop the files into the right spots so I can then just update the XBMC Libary and be done. Or am I expecting an over simplified process?

The complete SABnzbd + Sickbeard setup guide

Once you SABnzbd + Sickbeard + XBMC Library Auto Update configured, you do not need to do anything.

All your TV shows will be downloaded, renamed, moved to each specific folder and XBMC will scrape your library at times specified by you
(2014-01-13, 18:22)tboggie Wrote: The complete SABnzbd + Sickbeard setup guide
All your TV shows will be downloaded, renamed, moved to each specific folder and XBMC will scrape your library at times specified by you

I've just been reading that thread for a bit I just need to get my head around it Smile I've just leaped into the frying pan of HTPCs and applications so I've got a learning curve ahead of me. Currently I have a windows partition on my macbook pro dedicated to screwing around with everything so I understand how it works. Once that's under my belt I'll build the HTPC with a clean install and have everything setup correctly from the start to keep it all as clean as possible.

I need to keep reading as I think this is the right direction to head. I just cannot get my head around the idea of usenet NZB & News groups etc. Also the reliability of free index sources are concerning so yeah. Is this the best route to go?

Otherwise what is your personal methods of getting content into XBMC
(2014-01-13, 18:22)tboggie Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 18:00)RaGH Wrote: I guess the question I'm asking, is there a program that can download the stuff, rename and scrape at the same time and drop the files into the right spots so I can then just update the XBMC Libary and be done. Or am I expecting an over simplified process?

The complete SABnzbd + Sickbeard setup guide

Once you SABnzbd + Sickbeard + XBMC Library Auto Update configured, you do not need to do anything.

Or sickbeard can instruct xbmc to scrape after a successful download.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sickbeard is fantatic on current series, glad I installed it! On older stuff, well newsgroup stuff doesn't sit around forever so you are better to find a torrent.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper and file automation0