Android Parse error when installing nightly APK
Hi,

I have an android box similar to the A1000 Mele with a Mali -400 GPU running Android 2.3.4. I installed the released Frodo version which is running quite well but cannot play HD without stuttering very badly.

I've been trying to install the nightlies from the xbmc site to enable hardware acceleration but I keep getting this error "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package". I tried downloading directly as well as downloading onto my pc and copying to the external USB mount. I still get this error.

Is this because of my Android version (my Frodo installed properly and runs without a hitch)? Or should I download some other version? I'm new to Android and have gone through a massive learning curve just to get to this level so any help would be really appreciated. I badly want to play HD on my box through XBMC!!!
No idea, but before you spend too much time on this, the A1000 Mele has an A10 SoC, IIRC, and that doesn't currently have support in nighty builds for hardware video decoding. VidOnMe might have some stuff for A10 that we can use in the future, but it's not currently enabled.
We only support Android 4.0+ as of Gotham, thus excluding 2.3.4.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Parse error when installing nightly APK0