Win Video streaming
Hello! Short and sweet:

I have the ASUS RT-N56U router
I have a Seagate 1TB expansion external drive
I have 50Mb/s down and 10Mb/s up for internet (I'm using wifi, but even then it is still 40 down and 10 up.)
I think the version of XBMC I am using is frodo

Problem: I want to stream movies from the expansion drive/router. The router comes with everything I need to stream and streaming works flawlessly on my phone. XBMC takes upwards of 5+ mins to LOAD the movie and then will sometimes become choppy during playback.

It would be awesome if someone can help me with this problem and resolve it. Thanks in advanced.
Routers in general make poor nases for streaming. Too little ram and cpu and io.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
...but I can stream from my phone fine. It buffers in a matter of seconds and starts playing flawlessly. For some reason, I don't think the router is at fault here
Ok maybe it is the wireless then. Run a cable and see if it works, that's the only way to eliminate that teason.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video streaming0