Send Push notifications to XBMC
Dear XBMC Team,

I work in a remote Resort inside the National Park of Bali Indonesia.
Since we are so remote we are not able to provide broadcast TV.

As a long time user of XBMC (since the good old days on the big black XBOX), I have convinced the management to implement XBMC running on Raspberry PI in our 22 rooms.

I am stuck with one of the features I would like to implement.
We need a way to broadcast messages to our guests.
Like special offers, happy hour etc.
Is there an easy way that I can push notifications of our network to all the xbmc clients?

I would greatly appreciate the help.

All the best,
David
There is no easy ready to use possibility at the moment, but you could use one of these workarounds:
There are multiple ways in doing this:
- You can use the jsonRPC over HTTP to open a notification on each instance.
- You can write a service add-on which e.g. checks an RSS Feed for new entries, if a new entry is found your add-on shows the entry.
- You use XBMCs builtin RSS Reader pointing to any self managed RSS Feed.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
You might want to have a talk with at-visions too (http://www.at-visions.com) they provide a hospitality product that is built around xbmc.
(2014-01-14, 11:53)sphere Wrote: There is no easy ready to use possibility at the moment, but you could use one of these workarounds:
There are multiple ways in doing this:
- You can use the jsonRPC over HTTP to open a notification on each instance.
- You can write a service add-on which e.g. checks an RSS Feed for new entries, if a new entry is found your add-on shows the entry.
- You use XBMCs builtin RSS Reader pointing to any self managed RSS Feed.

Thank you for the help.

I tired using an RSS Feed and it seems to work fine.
Now I need to learn how to modify skins in a next step to make the RSS Feed a big bigger.

I actually just saw that at-vision is doing this professionally but I don't think we have the budget to hire them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send Push notifications to XBMC0