Some features not working after moving from Windows to OpenELEC
Hi,

I've been using Transparency! for over a year now, and love it. A few things stopped working for me a few months ago, and got worst now that I moved from Windows to OpenELEC, and I hope someone here can help Big Grin
  • In the home screen, for both Movies and TV series (not PVR, local files), there's the option of artwork slideshows (either on the cinema screen or the TV screen shown as background). This worked fine but stopped. I can't seem to find the setting to control it.
  • Artist Slideshow addon - doesn't replace the current background to the playing artist. This worked until I moved to OpenELEC
  • Music library always opens in library mode and not file view. I remember there was some option in the Transparency! options to change that, I don't find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,
Oren
Point 1 - artwork slideshow in a frame graphic

In Settings > Skin Settings go to Backgrounds:

1. Select one of the 3 views that have the `framed` fanart view available :-
Home - Movies / Home - TV-Shows / Home - Music

2. Click on the Fanart button in the right hand pane, and an Options button appears.

3. Click the Options button and select the path to the folder containing the fanart you want for the view type.

4. Et voila ! Smile

Point 2 - Artist Slideshow addon graphic

Sorry - can't help you there, I don't use it.

Point 3 - Default Music view mode

In Settings > Skin Settings go to Menu:

1. Select Music in the right column.

2. Once Music is selected a small 2 item column becomes available on left - pick the default you want.

Hope that helps Nod
the artist slideshow can be enabled through the music osd:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks a LOT for the detailed answer, but...
  • I managed to get the music library to start as files - that's great
  • I don't know where the movie/TV/clips fanarts are located, I tried to navigate to it but failed. But what about all the extra fanart kept with each movie/series?
  • How do I get to this music OSD? I tried to add the artist slideshow as visualization, but failed...

Thanks again,
Oren
re: fanart

Well, since you said it used to work but doesn't any more, I assumed you had already created your folders full of fanart for the appropriate media types.

If it's that you can't *find* your existing folders ... umm ... can't really help you there. Just persevere and keep looking around within Openelec's /storage/.xbmc/ subdirectories Wink

On the other hand - if you want to create the folders and fill them with the right type of images automatically, install this addon script from the repo:-
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 "Artwork Organizer".
It's Ronie's re-working of an old script called "video fanart splitter".

The fanarts you download via the front end "extra information" GUIs get dumped into a big unordered directory tree under .xbmc/userdata/thumbnails/0 etc and don't have meaningful names e.g. 7db20a48.jpg
The script searches through the system's /thumbnails folder tree looking for fanart images, then checks them against the database to find out what category they belong to (tvshow/movie/artist/album/whatever) then copies them out into appropriately titled supplementary folders and gives them sensible names.
i.e.
a movie fanart is copied to ./xbmc/media/MovieFanart/Inception (2010).jpg
a tv-show fanart is copied to ./xbmc/media/TVShowFanart/Breaking Bad.jpg
a music artist fanart is copied to ./xbmc/media/ArtistFanart/Dead Kennedys.jpg
etc.

Once you have those folders, and they are populated with the right category of images, then point the skin setting to it with the "Browse for folder:" selector as in Point 1, step 3 above.
(2014-01-14, 22:31)kurai Wrote: re: fanart

Well, since you said it used to work but doesn't any more, I assumed you had already created your folders full of fanart for the appropriate media types.

If it's that you can't *find* your existing folders ... umm ... can't really help you there. Just persevere and keep looking around within Openelec's /storage/.xbmc/ subdirectories Wink

On the other hand - if you want to create the folders and fill them with the right type of images automatically, install this addon script from the repo:-
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 "Artwork Organizer".
It's Ronie's re-working of an old script called "video fanart splitter".

The fanarts you download via the front end "extra information" GUIs get dumped into a big unordered directory tree under .xbmc/userdata/thumbnails/0 etc and don't have meaningful names e.g. 7db20a48.jpg
The script searches through the system's /thumbnails folder tree looking for fanart images, then checks them against the database to find out what category they belong to (tvshow/movie/artist/album/whatever) then copies them out into appropriately titled supplementary folders and gives them sensible names.
i.e.
etc.

Once you have those folders, and they are populated with the right category of images, then point the skin setting to it with the "Browse for folder:" selector as in Point 1, step 3 above.

Now that you mention this - I did have this splitter once Rofl I will do that tonight. Thanks!

Anyone know about the artist slideshow and my follow up question to Ronie's answer? I don't have this OSD screen anywhere, and when I try to set Artist Slideshow addon as my visualization I only get to its settings, and can't set it to be the visualization.

Thanks,
Oren
(2014-01-14, 22:31)kurai Wrote: re: fanart

i.e.
etc.

OK, I installed and ran the add-on, but for some reason all I have under the media directory is a "Fonts" directory...

Any ideas?

Oren

EDIT: Found it under /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/...
Ah, yeah. That makes sense.

I keep my various skin/script/graphic customisations in a media folder separate from the main XBMC application data files so that they don't get accidentally wiped out/overwritten during system updates and so forth.

I forgot that wasn't the script's default save location Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some features not working after moving from Windows to OpenELEC0