Remove "default folder"
is it possible to make a contextmenu option to remove a "default folder". i can make one with the gui but not remove.
sure, i'll throw that in this weekend.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks
i'll figure this one out after implimentation i think...

unless you can give an example of usage.
sollie is right. you can set the currently highlighted share as the default share from the context menu, but theres no way to remove the default tag from the context menu. (ie, you dont want a default anymore.)

it'll be a very simple change to add a context menu item that will remove the current default (regardless of what's highlighted)...

if (!default.isempty())
addbutton("remove default");
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
one other note on this point - if we aren't already, we should be checking in remove share and remove the default setting if it was set to the share we are removing.

actually, although there is a gui option to set the default share, i personally have not been able to make it work. i mean that when i reboot the xbox and go back to xbmc and open my videos (for instance) the cursor is highlighting the first (top) share, not the one that i selected to be the default. is that how it is supposed to be working?

is there a way to set in xboxmediacenter.xml which is the default share?

thanks!

angel
yes. fill in the <default> tag under each media type.

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....l&v=7m8

** edit ** this is what the "set as default" option in the gui should be doing. if you test it, and it doesnt work, post the details including the actual share that should've been defined as the default, and the contents of the default tag. also, check your log file. there are some sanity checks done to ensure that the default matches an existing share.

works fine here.

all it does is sets the <default> tag in xboxmediacenter.xml

see my sig for the online manual, and take a look in the my videos section (among others) to see how you set it.

nb: it might pay for you to send your xboxmediacenter.xml file to us so that we can reproduce this fault.

please paste it to http://www.pastebin.com or similar (you may change any passwords/usernames etc.)

which xboxmediacenter.xml are you editing? a softmodded xbox has two, one in the boot directory and the one in the home directory.

if your editing the one in the home directory, maybe that's why it isn't working?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ feb. 28 2006,22:36 Wrote:which xboxmediacenter.xml are you editing? a softmodded xbox has two, one in the boot directory and the one in the home directory.

if your editing the one in the home directory, maybe that's why it isn't working?
i am not modifying any xboxmediacenter.xml file yet. so far i had only tried to use the gui to set the default. i will get the xboxmediacenter.xml (the one on the e:/dashboard directory) and see if it contains a <default> tag in the <my videos> section.

thanks for the answers! i'll keep you posted.
removing 'default' would be very useful thanks guy for looking into adding this.
hopefully, i'll have a little time this coming weekend to add the remove, and the check to reset the default if you delete the share that was the default.
kragh3d, thanks for looking into this. but i have a question:
is it possible to add "clear default" only for default bookmarks and "make default"only for bookmarks who arent default.

when that is possible it would be cool to give the default bookmark a special ovelay icon.

thanks for all.

sollie.

could "delete" on a share be changed into "remove source" (so it follows the same std as add/edit?

also remove makes more sense than delete.

tia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove "default folder"0