Ripping files for XBMC/Trying to achieve the simplest user experience possible
I started ripping my collection of approx 500 movies today. I ran into a couple issues:

Let me start with what I'm trying to achieve: The simplest, most user friendly experience possible--while retaining the original audio and video quality.

1. Is there any way to force XBMC to auto-play the main feature whenever you tell it to 'play' a movie stored as an ISO? I'm trying to use the Ipad remote app and it's a hassle to have the user select the movie in the list of movies, only to then have to toggle over to the remote to navigate the movie's main menu.

2. If the above is NOT possible, are there any good alternatives to MakeMKV that let you rip in parallel? I have 5 BD drives and it will only let me access 3 of them at a time.

Many, many thanks for the help.

Parker
It's a planned feature for a future version.
For DVDs, yes, but not for blurays at the moment.

For DVDs: XBMC -> Settings -> Videos- > DVD -> attempt to skip menu
Yo could also use DVDShrink (depending on which country you live in due to copyright and other laws) and just remove most features and disable compression. I've done this for a few and it took 10 minutes to create a full playable ISO.

Doesn't really address the question you asked and I've just noticed you ask about BD instead of DVD. I'll just leave now.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I think MakeMKV may be your best option currently. Honestly I didn't realize there was a limit to how many instances could be run simultaneously. Still it usually only takes me about 20 minutes or so to rip just the main feature as long as it is writing to an internal hard drive.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
For bluray ISO it does this already from my experience because the java menus aren't supported. I actually hope that if they ever are, this functionality remains as an option

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ripping files for XBMC/Trying to achieve the simplest user experience possible0