Solved Record button mapping for EPG Timeline
Currently you are not able to map a remote controllers record button to make a recording straight from the EPG Timeline. To record a show it is cumbersome currently you open EPG timeline find the show you would like to record you then have to press i or return click on Timer, Click OK to Record. There are three additional unnecessary steps.

The only time that the record button is in operation if you use the following <r mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Record)</r> however this records the program that is currently playing in the background.

The correct procedure should be select a program press once to record, press again for series and to cancel you press record again. There should be a timer if I pressed record and let's say 20 seconds later you want to cancel it should cancel the record rather than record series.

If you are watching live TV in full screen pressing the record button once should record it and press it again it should cancel recording.

Every PVR device has a record button currently so this is a huge oversight.

Hopefully it is not to late to be implemented in Gotham version or next Frodo update.

I apologize for posting this twice I have posted it to the wrong topic.

Thank You
I totaly agree with that Wink
would be very usefull...
regards
beber
+1
I guess there would need to be some output from pressing record on an epg entry which could be picked up by a pvr addon to handle what actually happens when this occurs?
This was already requested in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185107 and solved in the current master (nightly builds).

You could now use the following key mapping
Code:
<key>record</key>

the default for remote.xml is
Code:
<record>record</record>

Please do not use PlayerControl(record) anymore as the action record defaults to this if no window (ex. EPG) override this.

So now in EPG you can record/schedule the current selected programme item and you can also use this record button to record you current playing channel as PlayerControl(record) does.

PS: could you please change your thread type to SOLVED .. thanks.
I tried it and it is working much better however it still asks you do you want to record question i think it would be better if it did not ask this question at all. This is a huge improvement and thank to everyone who worked on it.
+1 for 1 click only on record button
(2014-02-17, 16:27)denz Wrote: however it still asks you do you want to record question i think it would be better if it did not ask this question at all.
What about to make this configurable in the recordings setting of the pvr-addon or in advancedsettings.xml?
In that case use ok button as before, I think record button should behave in epg view as in fullscreen live tv.
I TOTALLY agree with the OP

In fact, this is exactly how its done in windows media centre.
Is there any way to record series?
there is a work in progress pull request (feature development) which we plan to integrate in the next major version 16.x (J**).
(2015-06-14, 13:50)xhaggi Wrote: there is a work in progress pull request (feature development) which we plan to integrate in the next major version 16.x (J**).

Next major version of kodi?
Also, one more question... How can I change the recording icon on the EPG?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record button mapping for EPG Timeline0