• 24(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2015-07-20, 07:36)Schoelje Wrote: How did you download the zip?

I downloaded it through the browser, via the github page.
I havent downloaded the zip but rather a tar.gz since these retain the files read/write permissions etc..

Turned https://github.com/jez500/chorus2/archive/master.zip to wget https://github.com/jez500/chorus2/archive/master.tar.gz <- used that one. extracted it and rename dist folder to webinterface.kodi into the addon folder.
(2015-07-20, 01:20)bennett4senate Wrote: Hello, trying to get Chorus2 working but having some trouble.
Downloaded the zip from the Github page and tried to Add from Zip file in Kodi Addons menu, but got the "this addon has incorrect structure" warning.
Tried both webinterface.kodi.2.0.2.zip and chorus2-master.zip and got the same error. (Wasn't sure exactly which file you meant by "the zip from the root of this repo" - sorry, v. noob)
I tried to manually move them to the addons directory but couldn't find it (again, noob Tongue ).
I also tried changing the settings in the System menu as described on the Github page but no change. I'm running OpenElec on RPi2.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

The addon itself is really just the dist folder from the repo all the rest is source code. I recently added 'webinterface.kodi.2.0.2.zip' to the repo which is essentially the dist folder zipped up (assuming it would work with the "install via zip"). Note: I did not test this Smile But same build process as Chorus1 so assumed it works... but maybe not? If still having issues, what @uNiversal said should do the trick!

Remember Chorus2 is still 'in progress' and things might break, if you are after something more stable, stick with Chorus1 for now.
That things break is OK, its the fixing part that the important part, presuming you are ready to sacrifice your personal life then that shouldn't be a problem either. Big Grin

Ill help where I can which isn't a great deal. Tongue
(2015-07-20, 01:20)bennett4senate Wrote: Hello, trying to get Chorus2 working but having some trouble.
Downloaded the zip from the Github page and tried to Add from Zip file in Kodi Addons menu, but got the "this addon has incorrect structure" warning.
Tried both webinterface.kodi.2.0.2.zip and chorus2-master.zip and got the same error. (Wasn't sure exactly which file you meant by "the zip from the root of this repo" - sorry, v. noob)
I tried to manually move them to the addons directory but couldn't find it (again, noob Tongue ).
I also tried changing the settings in the System menu as described on the Github page but no change. I'm running OpenElec on RPi2.

I had the same problem - installing from ZIP file didn't work. I tried copying webinterface.kodi folder to the addon folder but chorus2 wasn't visible in the list of webinterface addons until I rebooted Kodi (running on OpenELEC).
Hello, first of all I want to thank you for the great work. Chorus is a great looking web interface and I couldn't imagine Kodi or more specifically OSMC without it. I just installed Chorus 2 and I really like the direction it is going towards, great job!

I know you probably already have many things planned anyways, but there were a couple things design wise that I think could still be improved a bit. I exclusively use Kodi for Music so most of it is about the usage for music playback.

1. It's only a minor thing, but it would be pretty handy, if music-addons like "radio" would also show up as a section in the Music category, maybe that's just a personal preference, but maybe if one could decide that in the settings, that would be great.

2. I use the artist view a lot, but right now it's kind of hard to use it to navigate a big music library. Especially on my smaller scree it only shows two artists in each row. Because of that I need to zoom out a bit, which makes the font really tiny and barely readable. A slider or some option to change the size of the artist pictures would be great. Same somewhat applies to the album covers. A bigger font would also be a temporary solution.

3. The third thing is a slightly bigger request and I imagine it's not quite that easy to implement, but it would be really great if there would be more sophisticated options to navigate through your music. My dream would be an itunes-like browser, where you can filter by artists and album (and maybe genres) on the top and have the titles on the bottom.
Considering that this is probably a lot of work, I'd like to mention that I really liked the look of the artist page in Chorus 1. It had the artists as a list on the left. On the right there were pictures of some of the artists. If instead those were the albums and I could filter them by clicking on one of the artist names, this would already be pretty neat. Maybe you have some ideas to implement some of that in some way in the futre.

Apart from that, the translations don't seem to be working right now (i'm using firefox), I don't exactly know why, maybe this is a known issue?

This was quite a bit, but I still want to say, tht I'm extremly thankful for all the work you are doing, really excited to see where this is going in the future.
(2015-07-22, 10:26)teemue Wrote:

I had the same problem - installing from ZIP file didn't work. I tried copying webinterface.kodi folder to the addon folder but chorus2 wasn't visible in the list of webinterface addons until I rebooted Kodi (running on OpenELEC).

How did you copy webinterface.kodi.zip to the addon folder, and what directory did you put it in? Using SSH? Or using an SFTP client?
I'm looking around in Cyberduck from another computer and can't seem to find the right addon directory. Looking in /usr/lib/kodi/addons makes sense to me, but I don't see Chorus 1 anywhere in there, and I'm assuming I need to copy Chorus 2 to the same directory. Using the Copy File commands in the Kodi GUI also doesn't seem to get me to the right place.
Thanks.
(2015-08-11, 03:13)bennett4senate Wrote: Looking in /usr/lib/kodi/addons makes sense to me, but I don't see Chorus 1 anywhere in there ...

Try

Code:
~/.kodi/addons/

(.kodi is a hidden dir in the home folder)
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2015-08-11, 14:50)ReducedToZero Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 03:13)bennett4senate Wrote: Looking in /usr/lib/kodi/addons makes sense to me, but I don't see Chorus 1 anywhere in there ...

Try

Code:
~/.kodi/addons/

(.kodi is a hidden dir in the home folder)

@bennett4senate, makes no sense, a system folder is only accessed during app install and regular addons installed from repo (dont have sufficient rights to install there and are only next to userdata (wiki) in .kodi folder in home like @ReducedToZero mentioned.
Thanks all, I've finally got Chorus2 working. Installed the webinterface zip from the github page. Turned on Show Hidden Files in Cyberduck. Unzipped and transferred via SFTP, the directory was actually ~/storage/.kodi/addons/. Restarted the rPi, and then I found "Kodi Web Interface" in 192.168.1.101/addons.

Thanks for all the advice and I'll drop some feedback on the github issues page as I'm using it. Cheers.
I don't understand how to install Chorus2. On GitHub it says to install from zip. I tried installing from webinterface.kodi.2.0.2.zip, but Kodi says it does not have the correct structure.
I unzipped that using OS X and copied the webinterface.kodi folder into ~/.kodi/addons using SFTP, and now it shows up in the list of web interfaces, but when I choose it, the selection reverts to "None".
In a web browser, I can see it listed, but when I click it, I get a blank page.

All the files in the downloaded zip file have executable permissions. Same thing with the tar.gz.
Hey I'm pretty new to Kodi, I came across the chorus browser on yesterday. I'm trying to stream local. The HTML5 player nor vlc is working in any browser. I have researched all day looking for codecs, a plugin for vlc, testing to make sure html5 works in my browser, just doing anything I could to get this to work. Can you all please point me in the right direction as what I need to do in order to get this to work in chrome or firefox or IE, thanks in advice!!!!
(2015-08-14, 08:32)spookybathtub Wrote: I don't understand how to install Chorus2. On GitHub it says to install from zip. I tried installing from webinterface.kodi.2.0.2.zip, but Kodi says it does not have the correct structure.
I unzipped that using OS X and copied the webinterface.kodi folder into ~/.kodi/addons using SFTP, and now it shows up in the list of web interfaces, but when I choose it, the selection reverts to "None".
In a web browser, I can see it listed, but when I click it, I get a blank page.

All the files in the downloaded zip file have executable permissions. Same thing with the tar.gz.

In kodi select the web interface

Dont access the addon like you are, its a bug its been reported and not fixed as of yet.
Instead access it via http://ip:port.

I havent tried the zip install only the dist folder renaming and uploading to addons folder If kodi complains about wrong structure 3 things I know cause that.

1) zip has been created in OSX
2) addon.xml has some invalid entry or dependency not compatible with your Kodi version.
3) actual wrong structure

File permissions wise I only download the master repo and change the url to tar.gz instead of zip and permissions are just fine here.
If I set chorus2 as the default web interface in the Kodi GUI, it reverts back to "none". If I type it manually in the URL, I get a blank white page.
I was able to install Chrous2, but I'm having the same issue I had with Chorus, I can't play anything under local, I'm trying to stream but the html5 player, vlc player, nore the DIVX player, work please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10