• 2(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
I'm loving it. At last an interface that looks and feels as user-friendly as XBMC!

Has anyone started porting it's functionality to encompass the TV Series and Movie areas? I'm keen to help with this project if anyone has already got some progress under way.
Sad 
Hello

First, sorry for my bad English, from Germany Cool
I have a Problam. When i started the WebGui, i see every Time a Window "Loading Application" and thats all.
I have Openelec, is that a ProblemHuh

mfg

This is stunning and very very pretty.

Thank you for the fantastic work.

(2014-01-23, 14:34)williwinzig123 Wrote: Hello

First, sorry for my bad English, from Germany Cool
I have a Problam. When i started the WebGui, i see every Time a Window "Loading Application" and thats all.

mfg

I had this when I downloaded the master.zip from github and installed it via "install from zip.." when I did a manual git clone into the ~/.xbmc/addons/ directory it worked.

So maybe try that.,

I dont know how you would go about manually doing it on openelec though (although I will need to know soon, i am buying a Pi next week :p )
Hmmm "when I did a manual git clone into the"Huh? HuhHuh
EDIT: Problem solved!!!!!

THANKS
(2014-01-23, 14:37)Saner Wrote: This is stunning and very very pretty.

Thank you for the fantastic work.
Glad you like!

(2014-01-23, 14:34)williwinzig123 Wrote: First, sorry for my bad English, from Germany Cool
I haven't used openelec, looks cool so probably will soon, but I doubt that is the issue. Does it work in Chrome? The browser console will likely be telling us what is wrong (CTRL + SHIFT + J ) look for things in red, if it looks like an issue then post it over here: https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues

(2014-01-23, 14:37)Saner Wrote: I had this when I downloaded the master.zip from github and installed it via "install from zip.." when I did a manual git clone into the ~/.xbmc/addons/ directory it worked.
If you do this then you are technically running the uncompiled dev version, which is no real problem, but the /webinterface.chorus.zip contents come from the /dist folder which is aggregated and minified making it a bit faster to load. I'll have a look at the zip maybe the issue is there.
Music 
Just wanted to add another 'This is Awesomely Cool' ! Cool

Beautiful design and very usable. Fast for me too, even with a sizeable music collection. Looking forward to seeing if / how you integrate Video into the UX as you've obviously put a lot of thought (and skill) into this so far!

<offtopic>I half wish you'd written it for squeezeserver (LMS) mind</offtopic> Wink
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
im having the same issue that Saner and williwinzig123 have. it looks like its having a difficult time figuring out to use the /dist/ folder.. after i put the /dist/tpl/ folder in the root, it atleast loaded and i could play songs.. but it was still erroring out trying to find the /theme/ folder. its looking for those in the root, not in the /dist/ folder. im running/testing on win7

great work thus far... looking to see how this progresses.. it may be very useful for me.

======== edit:

after removing what i took from github and ONLY unzipped the "webinterface.chorus.zip" into my addons directory it worked as expected..
It's very nice indeed, but without movies - tv-series, its not so practical for me. Gratz for your work though
As of v0.2.1 you can listen to your XBMC library directly in the browser, would be great to know what people think.

It was tricky to implement all the extra functionality while keeping the UI clean so all feedback/suggestions welcome!
Finally a decent remote for music! Congratz buddy!
Very nice. Local streaming doesn't work with firefox indeed. At least I have now reason to use Internet explorer for something. It's better to have music player in separate window than finding it through many tabs I usually have in FF anyway Wink

Few issues I've encountered so far with Local streaming.
1) Two songs played simultaneously once (second one from different album was added to local list to play, but first one kept playing. There was no way to stop the first song until it stopped properly at the end.)
2) Couldn't play specific songs from other album when something was already locally being played (happened several times, song was added to local playlist and registered by browser as currently playing but just didn't play with playtime stuck at 00) - Playing a full album locally works everytime though)
3) Local playback doesn't work when you use /addons/webinterface.chorus url in browser

Something which could be useful to have:
4) Song duration indicators in playlists
5) Time indicator for hovered cursor position on seek bar.

Anyway thanks again Wink
Thanks for the feedback Smile

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Very nice. Local streaming doesn't work with firefox indeed. At least I have now reason to use Internet explorer for something. It's better to have music player in separate window than finding it through many tabs I usually have in FF anyway Wink
There is always Chrome too Wink I have started a ticket for this one: https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/5

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Few issues I've encountered so far with Local streaming.
1) Two songs played simultaneously once (second one from different album was added to local list to play, but first one kept playing. There was no way to stop the first song until it stopped properly at the end.)
I'll look into that, hasn't happened to me yet.

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: 2) Couldn't play specific songs from other album when something was already locally being played (happened several times, song was added to local playlist and registered by browser as currently playing but just didn't play with playtime stuck at 00) - Playing a full album locally works everytime though)
How were you trying to play the new track? While another song was playing, I clicked the play button that appears over the track number on a song row and it added it to the end of the local playlist and started playing it.

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: 3) Local playback doesn't work when you use /addons/webinterface.chorus url in browser
Rookie mistake, will have it sorted in the next release

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Something which could be useful to have:
4) Song duration indicators in playlists
That was actually the last feature I added on this release, as we are a bit strapped for space in the playlist sidebar, I just added it as tooltip when you hover over the artist name on a playlist item

(2014-02-01, 11:34)ezechiel1917 Wrote: 5) Time indicator for hovered cursor position on seek bar.
Should be doable, I'll look into it
2) It didn't happened again, since I wrote that. I play individual songs the same way as you described.
4) You're right space is limited but it'd still be nice to have it directly visible next to each songs somewhere in the line (+actual position if it's currently playing song) - it would match standard music players.
Anyway your design is pretty clean, so if you think it won't fit anywhere, then fine. Better clean design than clutter info all around.

EDIT: I just found out that 2) could be related to the fact that I tried to stream FLAC songs. But I guess that's just expected that FLAC streaming is not supported, right?
EDIT2: Is it possible this: https://github.com/audiocogs/flac.js could be used in your code to add FLAC support streaming to Chrome / Firefox?

Btw is there reason, that search field doesn't clear after performing search?
It looks great however i can't try it as it keeps saying "loading application".

Tried it on Openelec and Windows gotham version.
IE, firefox and Chrome.
All same results. Any ideas?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10