• 4(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
ah didn't know the double click. well then that solves it Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-02-23, 14:38)Martijn Wrote: ah didn't know the double click. well then that solves it Smile

It doesn't yet, just thinking of ideas out loud Smile
sounds like you like the double click idea then?
(2014-02-23, 14:41)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 14:38)Martijn Wrote: ah didn't know the double click. well then that solves it Smile

It doesn't yet, just thinking of ideas out loud Smile
sounds like you like the double click idea then?

hmm i tried it and it seemed to work at first but now it doesn't anymore. probably some error happened that cause it to stop.
double click is a bit un-obviousness to find out how that works.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Information 
I have deinstalled Chorus and installed the new .zip file but the new version is not showing-up.
In the web interface and in XBMC it is saying that I have version 0.1.8 instead of version v0.2.4
(2014-02-23, 12:31)jez500 Wrote: Hi all,

Just pushed a rather large update to chorus, loads of bug fixes, refactoring, styles and most notably...
Movie support! So update today

@dhead
- Thanks for the suggestions, I have added them over here: https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/10
- Yeah this thing gets sluggish on low power/memory devices, the api doesn't support resizing the images and you can't do it in javascript, I lazy load images where possible.

Thanks jez500.
Maybe it would be better to divided the features request to seperated issues ?
I closed issue 8 as it seems that it was fixed in v0.2.4.

I've encounter two issues while updating (Frodo) maybe they are related and maybe not.
I'm not sure about issue 1. (probably can be dismissed) as I encountered with issue 2.

1. I forgot to change back the default web interface setting (in XBMC->Settings->Services) and after I updated the addon, on the web interface it stayed on 0.2.1 (I've check the about page) while on XBMC I did confirmed it's 0.2.4.

2. I change to the default web interface, removed Chorus and installed it again and set it as default web interface.
Then I browsed to the Chorus on the root web address and I still was stuck on the 0.2.1 interface (while I think on the about page it stays ay 0.2.1 but the changelog clearly showed it's 0.2.4).
When I browsed to the address webroot/addons/chrous I did get the update 0.2.4 interface so it's clearly a cache related issue.
On Chrome to get the cache removed I opened developer tools (CTRL+SHIFT+I), click on the settings gear wheel and marked the "Disable Cache" option.
(2014-02-23, 20:36)dhead Wrote: 1. I forgot to change back the default web interface setting (in XBMC->Settings->Services) and after I updated the addon, on the web interface it stayed on 0.2.1 (I've check the about page) while on XBMC I did confirmed it's 0.2.4.

2. I change to the default web interface, removed Chorus and installed it again and set it as default web interface.
Then I browsed to the Chorus on the root web address and I still was stuck on the 0.2.1 interface (while I think on the about page it stays ay 0.2.1 but the changelog clearly showed it's 0.2.4).
When I browsed to the address webroot/addons/chrous I did get the update 0.2.4 interface so it's clearly a cache related issue.
On Chrome to get the cache removed I opened developer tools (CTRL+SHIFT+I), click on the settings gear wheel and marked the "Disable Cache" option.

Hi @dhead
It sounds like you have another copy of it somewhere that is taking preference (eg. %program files%/xbmc/addons vs %app data%/xbmc/roaming/addons).
The about popup in chorus pulls the version out of addon.xml file on the fly, so that is the active version.

Also a hard browser refresh never goes astray after a version updated (CTRL + F5)
I know this might be slightly off topic, but is it at all possible to stream video content to the browser? I really want a web interface like this for the browser that also streams video content. I understand it already streams audio, but not sure about video.

Thanks in advance Smile
(2014-02-24, 06:28)SplashTK Wrote: I know this might be slightly off topic, but is it at all possible to stream video content to the browser? I really want a web interface like this for the browser that also streams video content. I understand it already streams audio, but not sure about video.

Thanks in advance Smile

I am going to give this a try but I don't hold high hopes due to the lack of transcoding in xbmc.
(2014-02-24, 06:33)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 06:28)SplashTK Wrote: I know this might be slightly off topic, but is it at all possible to stream video content to the browser? I really want a web interface like this for the browser that also streams video content. I understand it already streams audio, but not sure about video.

Thanks in advance Smile

I am going to give this a try but I don't hold high hopes due to the lack of transcoding in xbmc.

That would be so incredible if it could be a thing.
(2014-02-24, 06:17)jez500 Wrote: Hi @dhead
It sounds like you have another copy of it somewhere that is taking preference (eg. %program files%/xbmc/addons vs %app data%/xbmc/roaming/addons).
The about popup in chorus pulls the version out of addon.xml file on the fly, so that is the active version.
It's the first thing I've checked (via ssh), so the issue may be cache related limited.

(2014-02-24, 06:17)jez500 Wrote: Also a hard browser refresh never goes astray after a version updated (CTRL + F5)
Maybe in Firefox, didn't worked in Chrome (or ChromeOS to be exact).
I had the older version problem, here is how I solved it (adapt for your OS)

Set webinterface to default
Delete addon - rm -rf ~/.xbmc/addons/webinterface.chorus/
Delete cache package - rm -rf ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/webinterface.chorus.zip
Restarts XBMC - sudo restart xbmc
Reinstall addon - reinstall from zip file.
@jez500, this may (or may not) be helpful.

I used to run into the update problems when releasing xbmcontrol web. What I found was if the .zip file for the new release had the same name as the previous release then file caching (by the OS, or the browser) would sometimes retain the contents of the old file. This made the update process a pain in the rear.

A simple workaround was to append the version number to the .zip filename. This seemed to clean up many of the update problems users were experiencing.

Overall your web interface looks excellent. Good work.
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
@Kabooga Thanks for the renaming tip this solved the issue for me.
@jez500 Please release the zip files with a different file name in the future :-)
Pardon my ignorance as a newbie, but will this work on the Apple TV platform for XBMC or is this only for windows ?

UPDATED:

I installed on ATV 2 (Frodo)

I was able to play music remotely but couldn't play locally. Don't know what I did (other than reload the browser page a couple of times) but I can play locally now. Looks great! Kudos to you!
Jez

I saw in the ReadMe that it targeted towards non-mobile devices. I did try it in my phone and it was virtually 'useless" as you had indicated in the documentation.

Is the issue more one of formatting (needing responsive HTML for mobile devices) or are there any functionality issue(s)?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10