• 18(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
Hi,

Up until 2 days ago, i was able to seek forward into a movie that had not been preloaded yet. Unfortunately, this is not possible today.
anyone knows what have happened with either videojs or chorus?
as far as i can see chours didn't put out a newer version so that shouldn't be a factor and I also see that the videoplayer.html is hardcoded to use videojs.4.4 which again wasn't updated.

i would really would like to use this basic feature of seeking into any point of a video just like i did 2-3 days ago Smile

any idea where to look for a solution?

thanks in advance,
Hello,

first of all thanks for your awesome interface.
But i have one problem, i cannot stream anything through my chrome browser. I open the local tab, choose a song and click on the play button, but the playback wont start. But instead the login window appears and i have to type in my login informations again (dont know if this is relevant for you).

But the xbmc remote works like a charm!

Maybe i do something wrong, i dont know...

tia
(2014-10-30, 14:41)coree777 Wrote: Hello,

first of all thanks for your awesome interface.
But i have one problem, i cannot stream anything through my chrome browser. I open the local tab, choose a song and click on the play button, but the playback wont start. But instead the login window appears and i have to type in my login informations again (dont know if this is relevant for you).

But the xbmc remote works like a charm!

Maybe i do something wrong, i dont know...

tia

I have same problem......
Originally posted in the feature request forum:

I thought i read somewhere on the forums that the ability to change kodi settings remotely via the JSON / API system was coming, or was being improved.
Cant find the original thread now, but was curious as the status of this?

Essentially the feature request is, a way to completely configure kodi remotely from a web interface after initial installation.
having just spent a week setting up 7 ATVs, 5 RasbperryPI's and a couple of windows boxes, it would have been great to be able to do it all from one browser.

I realize the default web interface is pretty broken at the moment and the general rule of thumb is to use Chorus, as this was created by a team-xbmc member, is there a plan to make this the new default?
Maybe i should be asking if there are plans to add settings to chorus if the underlying system allows settings to be changed already?
Hey,

Thanks for the awesome work on Chorus, it's an excellent Web UI.

For any Mac uses, there's a little app called Bearded Spice (http://beardedspice.com) that lets you use your Mac media keys to control apps other than itunes. I had a little tinker with it and wrote support for Chorus, which has just been added to the latest version. So you can now use Bearded Spice to control Chorus for remote or local playback. I find it handy for when I'm at work streaming from my home server.

Cheers.
i really ---- really love chorus. fast and userfriendly... i haven't managed to find a way to get the on screen buttons when playing a video (play pause forward download subtitles etc.)

is there a way to get this menu (on windows pc I push M) - or is there a way to download subtitles of a movie/tv shows from the chorus interface Smile

also is there any help files for chorus - can't seem to get streaming to work on movies/tv shows...
I've been looking for a decent web interface for awhile now with no luck. Here's how Chorus rates so far for me:

1. Interface - Not ugly. Yay! I'll probably switch at least partially to using this instead of the xbmc app.
2. Responsiveness - Definitely acceptable, at least for the size my library is now.
3. Interface on iPhone - Double Yay! Looks and functions perfectly as a remote.
4. Local playback on iOS devices - Not so yay. This doesn't seem to work properly yet for either audio or video.

Local playback works perfectly when I am on a desktop/laptop browser, however I've installed xbmc onto all of these machines already. I'm more likely to use local play on a portable device since installing xbmc on my phone, for example, would require me to jailbreak, which I do not think is entirely safe to do.

Great work on this plugin though, it's still useful to me even if it doesn't do everything I had hoped it would.
I just came across this, first of all it's amazing so congrats Smile

I am having an issue - I am trying to basically use this for remote play through the browser for my house so I don't want others controlling my XBMC through this interface. (but I will want them to have access to chorus to remote play in the browser)

I am going to try and edit some of the web files to get this done. The issue is no matter which player I've selected (local (lighter colour) player or the xbmc (darker orange)) when I hover over a movie poster and click play it triggers the XBMC to start the movie everytime.

Am I doing something wrong?
Just installed Chorus, and so far i really like it - much better than some of the stand alone remotes for XBMC in terms of all the movie/TV show information. My only trouble here is that on the iPad, i have to enter my login details every time I fire it up: I have autofill for passwords on in the Safari settings - am i mission something?

Hope you can help, and again, thanks for a great addon!
Hey,
awesome work by all you guyzz. On looking at you, even i started implementing it. I am done with the implementation part of setting up raspbeery pi as a webserver and also a web interface for it using chorus from xbmc in raspberrypi.

After I import all the files into the library in the xbmc player, i am able to view them in the chorus web interface. But when i click on any of them, they are getting played with no sound or video output (when selected for streaming) for both audio an video files respectively.

I am not understanding where exactly am i making the mistake, Can someone please help me out from this problem,

(2015-01-11, 12:29)praneeth Wrote: Hey,
awesome work by all you guyzz. On looking at you, even i started implementing it. I am done with the implementation part of setting up raspbeery pi as a webserver and also a web interface for it using chorus from xbmc in raspberrypi.

After I import all the files into the library in the xbmc player, i am able to view them in the chorus web interface. But when i click on any of them, they are getting played with no sound or video output (when selected for streaming) for both audio an video files respectively.

I am not understanding where exactly am i making the mistake, Can someone please help me out from this problem,
Helix compatible?
Thanks you guyzz. I got chorus working completely. Its the problem with the file authentications. I was using an external hard drive to raspberry pi for storing some files in it. Scanning the files directly from the hard drive are facing the file permission problem. I accessed the hard drive file through root file system and scanned them. It worked!! Smile
Does anybody have a problem with how posters are displayed? I have a number of TV show thumbs that are evidently 16x9 thumbs, but since thumbs are used where posters should be, many of my TV show listings are compressed and pretty ugly. Am I the only one with this problem?
It seems almost everything works with Helix - apart the Most important section for me -- the Streaming Sad i couldnt download / stream at all S.A.D.

Can anyone proof this ? Have Any1 managed to download from Chorus on a Helix ?
(2015-02-02, 16:35)JoshLopes Wrote: It seems almost everything works with Helix - apart the Most important section for me -- the Streaming Sad i couldnt download / stream at all S.A.D.

Can anyone proof this ? Have Any1 managed to download from Chorus on a Helix ?

I have no idea what exactly is helix, but i faced the same problem with raspbmc player on which i installed the chorus addon. For me it got resolved. The problem with not streaming in my case was the file permission problem. Check out once about this in yours. Even you might have the same
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10