Release - Chorus - A Web UI

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mizaki Offline
Posting Freak
Shall I start loading up the issues on github? Wink

Glad you posted this, I was wondering whether to have a bash at a new extendible AWXi but I have no experience so this may be ideal.

[Image: watched-clearlogo.jpg]
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
find quote
jez500 Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-05-11 21:59)Mizaki Wrote:  Shall I start loading up the issues on github? Wink

Glad you posted this, I was wondering whether to have a bash at a new extendible AWXi but I have no experience so this may be ideal.
Yeah if you like Smile I know there is heaps of bugs/unfinished features but good to have another tester.

Hardest part was getting started with a nice clean framework. If you feel like getting involved in the code, I used this tutorial to get started which jammed a years worth of experience into a couple of hours of nice videos and code samples, can't recommend it enough (highly worth the $25). I also "borrowed" a lot from the plex web ui for inspiration, I especially loved their filtering.

(2015-05-11 10:07)sIRwa2 Wrote:  Will the new version also be able to ignore ID3 tag's and just read plain folder files structure.. i mean, i'm a serious music lover, and i spend a great deal of time to organize my collection. but getting the tag's in order.. thats just impossible. an example is having some of the same albums in different qualities or different release.. under kodi they are grouped as one album..

i like the subsonic approach and the ability to just read plain folder and filenames.
Like Chorus (1), the new version has a file explorer, it has an improved ui and things like adding folders to the playlist work now, but it is so worth getting your id3 tags up to scratch as using the media library is such a better experience with the fanart, artist/album/song meta (not to mention the ability to search!). In the new version I have even tapped into youtube api to find music videos from the context menu on a song. There are heaps of apps out there which will update your id3 tags from filename and folder patterns, well worth the time https://www.google.com/search?q=filename%20to%20id3
find quote