• 22(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
Shall I start loading up the issues on github? Wink

Glad you posted this, I was wondering whether to have a bash at a new extendible AWXi but I have no experience so this may be ideal.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2015-05-11, 21:59)Mizaki Wrote: Shall I start loading up the issues on github? Wink

Glad you posted this, I was wondering whether to have a bash at a new extendible AWXi but I have no experience so this may be ideal.
Yeah if you like Smile I know there is heaps of bugs/unfinished features but good to have another tester.

Hardest part was getting started with a nice clean framework. If you feel like getting involved in the code, I used this tutorial to get started which jammed a years worth of experience into a couple of hours of nice videos and code samples, can't recommend it enough (highly worth the $25). I also "borrowed" a lot from the plex web ui for inspiration, I especially loved their filtering.

(2015-05-11, 10:07)sIRwa2 Wrote: Will the new version also be able to ignore ID3 tag's and just read plain folder files structure.. i mean, i'm a serious music lover, and i spend a great deal of time to organize my collection. but getting the tag's in order.. thats just impossible. an example is having some of the same albums in different qualities or different release.. under kodi they are grouped as one album..

i like the subsonic approach and the ability to just read plain folder and filenames.
Like Chorus (1), the new version has a file explorer, it has an improved ui and things like adding folders to the playlist work now, but it is so worth getting your id3 tags up to scratch as using the media library is such a better experience with the fanart, artist/album/song meta (not to mention the ability to search!). In the new version I have even tapped into youtube api to find music videos from the context menu on a song. There are heaps of apps out there which will update your id3 tags from filename and folder patterns, well worth the time https://www.google.com/search?q=filename%20to%20id3
Hi,

I'm having 2 profiles on my kodi installation (kids & adults).
When I connect to the Chorus interface, the "wrong" library is showing.

How can I change the profile to be shown in Chrorus ?

Thx for your help.
Is there also a way to play Live Radio from Chorus GUI?
Searched this thread and the web interface but couldn't find any except LiveTV
(2015-05-11, 02:01)jez500 Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 01:03)Mizaki Wrote: Hey, I myself want to know if I should continue much/any work on AWXi. This sounds like a "no" atm. Is this for the new "official" web interface? So, yeah, I'd like to nose and add stuff to that instead maybe. Smile

Hi Mizaki, I would like this to be the official web interface but need to discuss further with the team. I guess that was one of the reasons for the re-write, to make the code super clean and modular from the ground up, making improvements far more easy to implement as Kodi develops.

I just setup a public repo, not ready for the average user but any potential devs are welcome to have a play.
https://github.com/jez500/chorus2

All source is written in coffee script (which compiles to js - just run "grunt" in the root of the project to auto compile) which is very easy to get the hang of (It took me a couple of hours to get fluent with it). Framework is still Backbone but now also using Marionette to make the frontend stuff much cleaner.

I would help with testing if thers an addon somewhere to test. I can see any... Really like to avoid having to grunt anything as I dont have a environment setup for it.
(2015-06-02, 13:53)Mirgolth Wrote: Hi,

I'm having 2 profiles on my kodi installation (kids & adults).
When I connect to the Chorus interface, the "wrong" library is showing.

How can I change the profile to be shown in Chrorus ?

Thx for your help.
Hi, There is no support for profiles in chorus atm (nor as it seems in the api) so not sure really how to fix that other than somehow setting the correct profile as default in Kodi - if that is possible. I have heard that profile support might be getting a revamp so won't be doing any work on it until that is finalised.

(2015-06-05, 15:13)schumi2004 Wrote: Is there also a way to play Live Radio from Chorus GUI?
Searched this thread and the web interface but couldn't find any except LiveTV
Should be under music? Can't remember how well it works as haven't used the pvr stuff in a while.

(2015-06-07, 14:33)uNiversal Wrote: I would help with testing if thers an addon somewhere to test. I can see any... Really like to avoid having to grunt anything as I dont have a environment setup for it.
Yes you can test the new one if you like. There is a build in the repo.
Disclaimer: Only for the brave Wink
Clone https://github.com/jez500/chorus2 copy the "dist" folder to your addons folder and rename it to "webinterface.kodi", Restart kodi and it should be an available web interface.
Any issues please add to github and not to this thread.
@jez500

Thanks for that tip (I suspected it was that simple) not a problem, if you trigger another build so that all current changes in source are reflected in the dist folder, I'll do that precisely.
It's real on of the best webinterfaces for managing medias and plugins! Thank you, jez500! Some questions about playlists:
1.) I understand, that custom playlists are only stored in the local webbrowser. Is there a method to export them that they can be used in another browser?
2.) You've built a fine interface for the radio plugin of Tristan Fischer. But it isn't possible to use the internal storage method to store stations in the My Stations list, isn't it? Do you plan to add this function of a server side storage?
Jörg
Mhm, streaming doesn´t work for me, neither with html5 nor vlc. Tested it with several browsers and systems. What´s the problem?
Is there a list of supported keyboard shortcuts? The only one I can get to work is spacebar. I'd really like to use arrow keys to skip a song. I have version 0.3.9, which I think is the latest.
(2015-06-08, 02:39)jez500 Wrote: Yes you can test the new one if you like. There is a build in the repo.
Disclaimer: Only for the brave Wink
Clone https://github.com/jez500/chorus2 copy the "dist" folder to your addons folder and rename it to "webinterface.kodi", Restart kodi and it should be an available web interface.
Any issues please add to github and not to this thread.

Hi I Tried the Chorus2 addon but it wont start-up.
I use my http://localip:9090 and its just searching for the webpage but nothing starts, am i doing something wrong?

I dont get the addon verified in kodi addons no webservice.kodi or chorus2 is occuring.
I have tried your suggestion above.
Chorus (1) works as always.

Is there any development thread for the new chorus?
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro
@jez500
Missing Live Radio seemed to be a backend issue at the end.

I tested Chorus2 and so far it worked fine.
Where can we help to translate it?
(2015-07-13, 13:05)schumi2004 Wrote: @jez500

How did you do to get things working?
What port do you use?

When enter http://192.168.1.200:8080/addons/webinte.../addon.xml i get into chorus(1) addon.xml
but when i do the exact same thing but using webinterface.kodi instead, it doesnt show the file.
(2015-07-13, 13:07)Mysqo Wrote:

How did you do to get things working? And do you use http://Kodiip:9090?

As instructed. Go to project page , download archive, move dist folder in archive to addons dir and rename it to webinterface.kodi
Change webinterface settings in kodi to new interface (for some reason it shows up as NONE), i changed port to 8080

And voila
Tested this on local machine using localhost:8080

(2015-07-13, 13:12)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 13:07)Mysqo Wrote:

How did you do to get things working? And do you use http://Kodiip:9090?

As instructed. Go to project page , download archive, move dist folder in archive to addons dir and rename it to webinterface.kodi
Change webinterface settings in kodi to new interface (for some reason it shows up as NONE), i changed port to 8080

And voila
Tested this on local machine using localhost:8080

I missed the webserverinterface setting.
Thanks for the help. Everything works now.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10