Release Deutsche Telekom T-Entertain Addon

This addon provides access to all public and some commercial TV channels available on Deutsche Telekom's triple play connections via IPTV. This plugin is useful for occasional live TV viewing. If you require power features like time shift viewing or recording, you should consider installing a TV backend server like tvheadend, vdf or dvbviewer. You need a german DSL/VDSL Entertain contract from Deutsche Telekom and a router supporting IPTV via multicast proxying in order to use this service (you have one, if you use the one you got from Deutsche Telekom)! See http://www.entertain.de/

Features
- Playback of all available public broadcast channels (Öffentlich-Rechtliche)
- You can choose between SD, HD or both in the listing
- Channel descriptions
- Channel Fanart, Posters and Thumbnails
- German and Englisch language support

How to use the addon
You can install the addon by selecting it from the video addons in the official XBMC repository.

Development
GitHub Project Page
GitHub Clone URL

Changelog
- Fixed malformed ampersands in XML files

- Added channels from RTL group
- Added several HD channels
- Added settings for filtering channels

- Fixed wrong language tag (Closes #6)
- Added 3sat, HR and MDR channel art

- Added BR channel art
- Reduced size by changing art format to jpg
- Made all strings localizable
- Added support for italian language

- Added more channel logos
- Added support for posters as channel logos (Closes #5)

- Fixed wrong repository structure (Closes #1)
- Fixed invalid XML in settings.xml (Closes #2)
- Added missing tags to addon.xml (Closes #3)
- Improved addon path detection (Closes #4)

- Initial version

Download
The addon is distributed in the official XBMC addon repository. If you want to get the latest version earlier, you can also install my dedicated repository, since usually it takes a few days before the update is included into the official repository: The YeaSoft Repository
I would like to thank the user Arwald for providing the list with the additional channel URLs.

Enjoy!
If you want the "native" Live-TV interface and recording you could also get a backend like tvheadend or vdr.
Hello , First of all... Its a great app. It works fine. But I'm looking for a pvr function. Is this implemeted or maybe planed in next releases?

Silence
Hello, I have a Entertain Contract. But I always get the error "playback not possible, please check log file" (addon version 0.1.1)

Where is the log file located?

My pi is connected through Wifi, does this makes any difference?
I would use Tvheadend on the pi, it is builtin in almost every distro. It will allow you to use the live tv ui, the epg, channel switching, timeshift and recoding.
(2014-01-27, 21:35)Silence_one Wrote: Hello , First of all... Its a great app. It works fine. But I'm looking for a pvr function. Is this implemeted or maybe planed in next releases?

Thanks! But... as said in the initial posting: This plugin is useful for occasional live TV viewing. If you require power features like time shift viewing or recording, you should consider installing a TV backend server like tvheadend, vdf or dvbviewer.

Sorry, but it was never intended that this plugin would replace a full featured installation of a TV server....

(2014-01-28, 23:12)SyntaxAtomic Wrote: Hello, I have a Entertain Contract. But I always get the error "playback not possible, please check log file" (addon version 0.1.1)

Where is the log file located?

My pi is connected through Wifi, does this makes any difference?

The location of the log file of XBMC depends upon the platform on which XBMC is running. See this XBMC wiki page.

Since IPTV from T-Entertain comes via multicast routing, it depends on your router, if it supports multicast via WiFi. You should investigate in this direction...
Hi, i try but not working in Uk.
(2014-01-30, 20:27)abdullaali Wrote: Hi, i try but not working in Uk.

There is a sentence in the initial posting:

You need a german DSL/VDSL Entertain contract from Deutsche Telekom and a router supporting IPTV via multicast proxying in order to use this service (you have one, if you use the one you got from Deutsche Telekom)!

I'm heavily in doubt, that you will be able to get a DSL/VDSL Entertain contract from Deutsche Telekom in the UK ;-)
Thumbs Up 
Moin,

danke für dein Addon.

German:
Ich hab nen Rasperry Pi + Raspbmc.
Dein Addon ging bei mir lange nicht - aber jetzt hab ich es hinbekommen.
Mein Problem war die standardmäßig eingeschaltete Firewall.
Lösung: Unter "Programs" -> "Raspbmc Settings" -> "System Configuration" -> ganz runter scrollen -> "Disable firewall" aktivieren.

English:
I got a Rasperry Pi + Raspbmc.
Your add-on didn't work for me for a long time but I finally managed to fix it.
My problem was the by default enabled firewall.
Solution: Under "Programs" -> "Raspbmc Settings" -> "System Configuration" -> scroll down -> Enable "Disable firewall".
Gerat work tuxpoldo.

It is possible to show also the premium paket? Becuase I have order the Premium HD paket

http://www.telekom.de/dlp/eki/downloads/...ertain.pdf
Hi (and hello to myself for the first post).

Just wantetd to ask, what's up with the channels from PRO7SAT1 Media Group?
Moin,

erstmal danke für deine Arbeit. Wäre es möglich die Pro7Sat1 Media Group noch mit reinzupacken ?

Die Streamadressen findest du hier...
http://www.iptv-anbieter.info/iptv-softw...am-pc.html

VG,
xbose
Hi, I am a subscriber to T-Home Entertain and it works just fine with the receiver from the ISP, but also with this add-on I still have the problem, that playback of any channel stops after about 2 minutes. The same happens with other add-ons like Simple PVR, however I have no issues when watching T-Entertain streams using VLC. Any ideas, how I could get this working, I just tried this in Kodi, but had this problem for a while in XBMC Frodo and Gotham?
Hat das schon jemand mit dem FireTV als Hardware Plattfom hinbekommen?
Über DVBlink als TV headend funktioniert Entertain mit Kodi einwandfrei aber mit dem simpleren add-in bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung doch bitte im Log File nachzuschauen und der Bildschirm bleibt schwarz? Woran könnte das liegen, ich weiß nicht wie ich den Logfile im FireTV finden soll!? Danke für einen Rat!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deutsche Telekom T-Entertain Addon2