Randomly crashes after a few clicks
Hi everybody,

I need your help again....
my loved ATV2 with XBMC crashes/reboots very often... and I can't really see a pattern...

XBMC (12.3 Git:20131212-9ed3e58), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)). Built on Dec 24 2013

Most it happens right after the start after the menu shows up and I try to navigate to a video I'd like to see...
Often it gets better when I let the menu untouched for a while... but not every time....
sometime's the reboot happens when the video starts playing (after 10-90 seconds)

Here is the xbmc.log
A fresh CrashReporter log was not created last is from 05/2013.... doesnt seem to get a chance to write its problem down...
after 3 reboots the "old" xmbc.log didn't even show an error....

Thanks for your help in advance!
Any idea?
Not sure. I think I remember hearing that ATV2 crashes are hard to track down. I can say that I've had less crashes on my ATV2 with the nightly builds (wiki), but your milage may vary, depending on what add-ons and videos you use.
hm... ok
maybe I will try on the nightly build...

I have seen the following lines in the log...

Error: Requested setting (audiooutput.passthroughaac) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
INFO: AAC pass through is disabled

ERROR: CCoreAudioUnit::Close: Unable to disconnect AudioUnit. Error = -10860
ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer

is there anything I can do against?

I dont think it is an "audio" problem because it happens most the time going through my files...
maybe xbmc has a problem loading thumbs or files...

Any idea how to track this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomly crashes after a few clicks0