• 172(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
So when I get my blu Ray drive and new hard drive tomorrow I'll be updating to Kodi. I love using this skin, What do I need to do to carry over all my settings I'm using now like smart playlists?
Bignoid:

When using GIT version, using extendedinfo, you have the option to select movies you have. If you explore further, when you open movies you have, it opens another screen that looks like phil's skin. Not sure if you can modify so it looks like aeon nox 5.
Hi have Kodi Helix and nox5 but if i want to start to play a trailer it shows only a YouTube menu.. before on xbmc13.2 it starts to search an trailer. Why? Thank you
hi.
im testing some skins and now i want to Uninstall Aeon Nox addons from my kodi helix.
i succefully uninstalled the skin, but i want to uninstall the addons that the skin installed, but i cant remember all of them. i rembember 3 or 4 addon installed but not the names.
there is a list of the addons that Aeon nox installs?? i cant seem to find them.
(2014-12-26, 16:59)laope Wrote: hi.
im testing some skins and now i want to Uninstall Aeon Nox addons from my kodi helix.
i succefully uninstalled the skin, but i want to uninstall the addons that the skin installed, but i cant remember all of them. i rembember 3 or 4 addon installed but not the names.
there is a list of the addons that Aeon nox installs?? i cant seem to find them.

Check the first post of this thread.
(2014-12-26, 17:04)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

yeah i did that. i uninstalled this 3:
- script.grab.fanart
- script.skinshortcuts
- service.library.data.provider

but i think the skin installed another one. that's why im asking.
i see in the add-on libraries this two:
unidecode
simplejson

i think one of them got installed with aeon nox, but im not sure.
(2014-12-26, 17:12)laope Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 17:04)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

yeah i did that. i uninstalled this 3:
- script.grab.fanart
- script.skinshortcuts
- service.library.data.provider

but i think the skin installed another one. that's why im asking.
i see in the add-on libraries this two:
unidecode
simplejson

i think one of them got installed with aeon nox, but im not sure.

unidecode was installed by script.skinshorcuts but I don't think it is necessary to uninstall that.
I have made this mistake before the first time I used Aeon Nox, cant belive it happend again. Smile

I had Xbmc 13.2 and Aeon Nox 5.1.5 or something like that.
When I updated to Kodi I also had to update Aeon Nox to 5.5.6

I was aware from the first time that Grab Fanart is automatically installed and totally messes up your releasefiles (because of the first time I installed)

I didnt think of it this time because I just thoguht this was a normal update from the previously Aeon Nox version I had. But I noticed that Grab Fanart was automatically installed again and it added postser.jpg, fanart.jpg .Actor folder etc.
This wasnt a big deal because it was easy to search and remove the files. But I also noticed it repleaced over 400 of my .nfo files that I had in my release folders. Sad

Im fixing the problem now and am redownloading the .nfo files that got replaced. And I guess I solved the problem by removing "Get Fanart" once again but thought I aks so I dont get any future suprises that it have replaced/added files I dont want again.

Is it enought to just remove this addon or is it any other addon exept this that also messes with your files? I scanned and added more files to my library just to doublecheck. Nothing else was added to the folder. And it seems to work. But just wanted to ask just in case Smile

Other then my problem above, I really like this skins Big Grin
(2014-12-27, 14:26)madsession Wrote: I have made this mistake before the first time I used Aeon Nox, cant belive it happend again. Smile

I had Xbmc 13.2 and Aeon Nox 5.1.5 or something like that.
When I updated to Kodi I also had to update Aeon Nox to 5.5.6

I was aware from the first time that Grab Fanart is automatically installed and totally messes up your releasefiles (because of the first time I installed)

I didnt think of it this time because I just thoguht this was a normal update from the previously Aeon Nox version I had. But I noticed that Grab Fanart was automatically installed again and it added postser.jpg, fanart.jpg .Actor folder etc.
This wasnt a big deal because it was easy to search and remove the files. But I also noticed it repleaced over 400 of my .nfo files that I had in my release folders. Sad

Im fixing the problem now and am redownloading the .nfo files that got replaced. And I guess I solved the problem by removing "Get Fanart" once again but thought I aks so I dont get any future suprises that it have replaced/added files I dont want again.

Is it enought to just remove this addon or is it any other addon exept this that also messes with your files? I scanned and added more files to my library just to doublecheck. Nothing else was added to the folder. And it seems to work. But just wanted to ask just in case Smile

Other then my problem above, I really like this skins Big Grin

The grab fanart script does not change and/or download files it also does not alter nfo's... Are you sure you are talking about that script? The only things that I know of that install a .actors folder and nfo's are media managers.
Ok, I thought it was because of "Grab Fanart" because there were fanart and posters etc in the folders. I did try an export library in xbmc so I could do an import later because when I updated to kodi it didnt get my whole library.

xbmc never asked where I wanted to save the files. I thought it saved them to appdata. But if what you are saying is correct. Xbmc just saved the files directly into my release folders. And Aeon Nox/Grab Fanart didnt have anything to do with it.
I will google and see if I can find out if this is true. Or if maybe someone knows already. Pretty bad if this is the case. Becasuse who want to save stuff directly onto an release and overwrite existing .nfos

Edit: "This guide will show you how to backup the video library using NFO files and local images. These NFO files are little text files that save all the "metadata" (summaries, credits, playcount, and other library data) for each individual video that are then placed along side the actual video files."
From: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Backup_the_video_library / I will never do an export again Smile Learnt from my mistake. haha
(2014-12-22, 20:27)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 20:19)Bjur Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 14:25)Bjur Wrote: A couple of newbie questions:

1. Is the extendedinfo Warner306 is working on available for Gotham Aeon Nox?
2. How do I update to the latest 5.5.7 aeon when using Gotham? When I try to kopi from github to the aeon folder there nothing in the skin when I loads it up afterwards.

Any help?

1. Probably not but it may be possible.
2. That version number is for Helix the latest for Gotham is a different version number so you can not upgrade to 5.5.7 without upgrading to Helix.
Where can I download version 5.5.7?
(2014-12-29, 18:15)hewligun Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 20:27)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 20:19)Bjur Wrote: Any help?

1. Probably not but it may be possible.
2. That version number is for Helix the latest for Gotham is a different version number so you can not upgrade to 5.5.7 without upgrading to Helix.
Where can I download version 5.5.7?

5.5.7 is on git for now.
Just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful skin. The content layout (banners and walls) looks absolutely amazing on my 150" display.
Keep up the good work!
(2014-12-22, 21:44)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 00:56)Steveb Wrote: Extendedinfo Actors mod. You will need the latest version of AeonNox5 and script.extendedinfo found here https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo

Just place the two xml's found in the link below in the skins 1080i folder.

@Steveb: I'm going to use your xmls for extendedinfo as basis for adding it to v5. Looking at those screens it seems much better to keep it in the same style as the rest of the skin. Thx Smile

So is the extendedinfo for actors going to be added into a new version of AeonNox5 I take it? Is it in the 5.5.7 git version or still being worked on? I would LOVE to have official support and updates for this great feature going forward and not have to manually install or manually update.

Fingers crossed!
(2014-12-30, 21:29)choekstr Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 21:44)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 00:56)Steveb Wrote: Extendedinfo Actors mod. You will need the latest version of AeonNox5 and script.extendedinfo found here https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo

Just place the two xml's found in the link below in the skins 1080i folder.

@Steveb: I'm going to use your xmls for extendedinfo as basis for adding it to v5. Looking at those screens it seems much better to keep it in the same style as the rest of the skin. Thx Smile

So is the extendedinfo for actors going to be added into a new version of AeonNox5 I take it? Is it in the 5.5.7 git version or still being worked on? I would LOVE to have official support and updates for this great feature going forward and not have to manually install or manually update.

Fingers crossed!

I started the process the adding this feature myself. It is very easy to add and update because it uses two xml files not currently found in the skin folder. You will need a copy of the DialogVideoInfo from the git version or use the one I supplied to access this feature (by pressing down on an actor). But you can use it now with most of the features intact by using the files in this thread: 212479 (thread).
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537