• 196(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I installed aeon nox 5 on a rpi2 i just got. i copied the guisettings.xml from my C:\Users\hewligun\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder

and my C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

to my userdata folder on my rpi2 and it didnt update my aeon nox 5 and shortcuts. How do I get this to work? I have had this same issue on PC's before and i spent hours creating my menu and custom commands. I would hate to do that all over again.
I would transfer my entire userdata and addon folders as opposed to the two files mentioned. Also, some of the settings you are referring to might be contained in the addon data folder (userdata/addon_data).
(2015-05-15, 08:03)Warner306 Wrote: I would transfer my entire userdata and addon folders as opposed to the two files mentioned. Also, some of the settings you are referring to might be contained in the addon data folder (userdata/addon_data).

Yeah I copied all of that. It seemed once i went into the skin and disabled views i didnt and enabled the custom views the sub menu's showed up. some time was saved but it seems i still have more work to do.

Hopefully in future versions bignoid has an easier way to move complete aeon nox setups over to other computers without having to redo it.
(2015-05-15, 15:39)hewligun Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 08:03)Warner306 Wrote: I would transfer my entire userdata and addon folders as opposed to the two files mentioned. Also, some of the settings you are referring to might be contained in the addon data folder (userdata/addon_data).

Yeah I copied all of that. It seemed once i went into the skin and disabled views i didnt and enabled the custom views the sub menu's showed up. some time was saved but it seems i still have more work to do.

Hopefully in future versions bignoid has an easier way to move complete aeon nox setups over to other computers without having to redo it.

This should be the same for every skin. guisettings.xml and the add_on_data folder for the skin are the two files/folders containing these settings.
What's the state of isengard compatibility. Is it already working well with isengard? I'm thinking to start using betas but I prefer to keep aeon nox working than upgrade to beta
(2015-05-18, 12:34)phate89 Wrote: What's the state of isengard compatibility. Is it already working well with isengard? I'm thinking to start using betas but I prefer to keep aeon nox working than upgrade to beta

The skin is completely compatible with Isengard. Isengard changes have been integrated over the last two months.
(2015-05-19, 01:08)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 12:34)phate89 Wrote: What's the state of isengard compatibility. Is it already working well with isengard? I'm thinking to start using betas but I prefer to keep aeon nox working than upgrade to beta

The skin is completely compatible with Isengard. Isengard changes have been integrated over the last two months.
Thanks Wink
(2014-09-10, 10:25)Steveb Wrote: From memory i think that is a custom window (1118), so you will have to edit your keymap file 'keyboard.xml' and map a key to activate it..

PHP Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <
keyboard>

<
some key>XBMC.ActivateWindow(1118)</some key>

</
keyboard>
</
FullscreenVideo

Then map that key/key combo to your remote.

Thanks man. This is awesome.
just tested aeon nox 5. in version 4 i had the possibility to change the color of background and fonts. is there a way to do that with aeon nox 5? i played a little with default.xml in "colors" folder but could only change color to white. can someone help me? i only need to change these 2 colors for all views/the whole skin.
Hey just installed this skin and was just wondering is there an option to show time remaining on the pause menu when watching a show like in v4 of Nox did ? That was a really great little thing to have.
Possible bug. Maybe my fault for poking around in the skin too much last night. I was in the EPG Schedule section, opened up the left-hand blade and changed the view from "list" to something else (sorry can't remember, but there were at least a couple/few more options that came up after "list"). When I hit right to exit the blade, the schedule is now just 2 blank vertical panels, no text, no blue timeline indicator, nothing, and I can no longer get the blade to come back up so I can change the view back to "list". All other sections of PVR I can still hit left for the blade to come up just fine. On top of that, you can't change the "list" view to anything else on any other sections of PVR, so I'm guessing that may be at least part of the reason this error came up.

Anybody else experienced this? Any idea how I can get my EPG viewable again w/o reverting back to default settings?
(2015-06-02, 18:22)brohawk Wrote: Possible bug. Maybe my fault for poking around in the skin too much last night. I was in the EPG Schedule section, opened up the left-hand blade and changed the view from "list" to something else (sorry can't remember, but there were at least a couple/few more options that came up after "list"). When I hit right to exit the blade, the schedule is now just 2 blank vertical panels, no text, no blue timeline indicator, nothing, and I can no longer get the blade to come back up so I can change the view back to "list". All other sections of PVR I can still hit left for the blade to come up just fine. On top of that, you can't change the "list" view to anything else on any other sections of PVR, so I'm guessing that may be at least part of the reason this error came up.

Anybody else experienced this? Any idea how I can get my EPG viewable again w/o reverting back to default settings?

Thats a bug indeed. i did not think of PVR when I made this change. Will fix it.

EDIT: The bug is that you can choose more than list view, not that the EPG is blank. It should do nothing when clicking on another view. Also this is only on Isengard when using the skin from git.
Yes, I guessed that might be the actual issue. The other sections of PVR do nothing when I click on the view type, but I'd initially tried changing views on the schedule section, which is how I got into trouble, as the new "view" now shows no info and is unresponsive to any directional/select/context/etc buttons, only back works. I don't think it's just Isengard though. I'm still running Helix on OpenELEC w/ AN5 straight from the repo.
@BigNoid - You have made by far my favorite XBMC/Kodi skin. Awesome job!

I do have a question in regards to how a certain aspect of the Pulsar app (found here) works within the Aeon Nox skin.

There is a point in that app where a list of stream options gets displayed to the user. I believe it's just a standard dialog box. However, I've found that in Aeon Nox, the default size of the "Choose Stream" popup box is not large enough to display all of the line items to completion. This causes the text to auto-scroll through, which makes it tough to quickly read the line item. This is what it looks like currently: Picture

Is there any way for me to change the size of the dialog box to be horizontally larger and/or control the size of the font so that I can ensure that a line does not begin auto-scrolling? I wasn't sure if there were any settings I could change in the GUI to change those properties. If there isn't, would you consider looking into updating how a dialog box gets sized in that case?

Thanks again for all your awesome work on this skin!
(2014-05-08, 09:05)Crssi Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 06:02)Vaikin Wrote: So I'm sick, and was bored so I made a few views for people...

#1 Showcase with covers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5ek7l...owcase.zip
Inside is View_53_Showcase.xml. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Also, there is a thumbs folder. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\ folder.
You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380(no idea if the placement in the code actually matters, but that's where I put it).
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <textwidth>255</textwidth>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>

It should look something like:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6053">
                    <description>LowList Toggle</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31093]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohighlist)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>
Now when on showcase view, in the side menu is an option to toggle cases on and off. The cases are only available when viewing movies(for obvious reasons).

#2 BigFan. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i59mm...BigFan.xml
Place View_591_BigFan.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Next, open MyVideoNav.xml and ",591" to the views available on line 5. Should look like:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,500,501,591</views>
Next, go down to line 60 or so and add the following:
Code:
<include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Should look like:
Code:
<include>BannerWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 58 -->
            <include>View_59_Logo</include>
            <!-- view id = 59 -->
            <include>VideoWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 500 -->
            <include>VideoLowList</include>
            <!-- view id = 501 -->
            <include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Last step, open includes.xml and add the following after line 23 or so:
Code:
<include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
Should look like:
Code:
<include file="View_59_Logo.xml" />
    <include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
    <include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
    <include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
    <include file="variables.xml" />

BigFan is available for Movies, tv shows and seasons.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh ya, any time there are updates to the skin these will all be lost and you'll have to redo it.

Very, very nice... It woud be great if BigNoid will be willing to include others good work into his (also good work) Github.

I've followed these steps and now have the toggle but when I hit the Toggle case covers nothing happens. Is there something else that I need to do?
Thanks in advance.
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537