• 199(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2015-06-27, 01:10)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 22:45)Raytestrak Wrote: Is it possible to invoke Artwork Downloader for a specific TV Show? In Nox 4 (maybe one of the unofficial ones) it was possible to invoke it to download, let's say, a season poster. In Nox 5 I don't see that option. I can choose "choose art", but that lets me scan from the initial scan. I can also run Artwork Downloader from Programs, but that automatically scan all my files/folders. Am I making any sense?

When you open the info window there is a + sign click that and choose Artwork Downloader:Manual

Thanks, I already tried the + sign and didn't see it, but I probably tried it on season-level. Found it now thanks to you.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi. I just switched to isengard and i find the new adaptive seeking a great new feature but it's hard to use it in aeon nox. In confluence when you hit the button it shows how many seconds you're skipping so you actually see it. In aeon nox you see the amount only when kodi is performing the skip in the progress bar (sure there's also the blue cursor but in a 3 hour long movie it's pointless because you can't distinguish 10 /30 secs or 1 min). It's not possible to show the time before to perform the skip like kodi does? It's really confusing not being able to see how much you're skipping
(2015-06-28, 03:16)phate89 Wrote: Hi. I just switched to isengard and i find the new adaptive seeking a great new feature but it's hard to use it in aeon nox. In confluence when you hit the button it shows how many seconds you're skipping so you actually see it. In aeon nox you see the amount only when kodi is performing the skip in the progress bar (sure there's also the blue cursor but in a 3 hour long movie it's pointless because you can't distinguish 10 /30 secs or 1 min). It's not possible to show the time before to perform the skip like kodi does? It's really confusing not being able to see how much you're skipping

The GitHub version of the skin has Isengard additions that show this where the time is when skippng. I am not sure if 5.7.x has been pushed to the Kodi repo yet but it is available on the git version of Aeon Nox 5.
5.7.2 bug

Possible extended info issue:

After selecting a movie, selecting an actor, you read his bio, hit back to go back to the movie and no actors are shown.

(2015-06-26, 20:47)BigNoid Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 05:34)Steveb Wrote: Next Up Notifications

This mod is my take on the Next Up Notifications add-on created by "im85288" http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435
Its a simple minimalistic approach, but that's what I was going for. Wink

Note 1080i only. Extract downloaded files to the skins 1080i folder

Nice, I'll add that to the skin if you don't mind. Thx Smile

Thanks, yea no probs.
I just noticed something weird, but handy. I have my homescreen items set up to display random artwork. Movies, TV Shows and Anime. TV Shows and Anime use random artwork based on a playlist, movies uses the standard random movie artwork from Nox. What happens for movies, is that when I remove my thumbnails folder and textures db (and for new movies that are added) the artwork doesn't show in the main menu untill I view the item in the database. Then it also shows in the main menu. For TV Shows and Anime the artwork on the main menu is instantly available after deleting my old thumbs, or completely reinstalling Kodi (may or may not have something to do with using mysql).

I don't know whether artwork is cached multiple times now, but I have had to manually process all my movies in order to get my artwork to show properly, but when using a playlist, it's available from the minute I start my newly installed kodi.

(2015-06-29, 01:38)Edworld Wrote: Possible extended info issue:

After selecting a movie, selecting an actor, you read his bio, hit back to go back to the movie and no actors are shown.
I cannot reproduce this. Tried all possibilities i think.

(2015-06-29, 09:47)Raytestrak Wrote: I just noticed something weird, but handy. I have my homescreen items set up to display random artwork. Movies, TV Shows and Anime. TV Shows and Anime use random artwork based on a playlist, movies uses the standard random movie artwork from Nox. What happens for movies, is that when I remove my thumbnails folder and textures db (and for new movies that are added) the artwork doesn't show in the main menu untill I view the item in the database. Then it also shows in the main menu. For TV Shows and Anime the artwork on the main menu is instantly available after deleting my old thumbs, or completely reinstalling Kodi (may or may not have something to do with using mysql).

I don't know whether artwork is cached multiple times now, but I have had to manually process all my movies in order to get my artwork to show properly, but when using a playlist, it's available from the minute I start my newly installed kodi.
That has to do with the way xbmc caches items. Random fanart is loaded via json-rpc, so it can pick fanart that has not been cached yet and the way its displayed (through a window property) will not force it in cache. If you load up a playlist, then the fanart is forced in the cache, because it uses the same way of displaying images as when browsing through the library.
How do I make subtitle search the default selected button in VideoOSD.xml?

Nox is now doing the music, film and tv fanarts beautifully, but I would still love to be able to create a slideshow on the main menu. So instead of only showing the gravity fanart it would cycle through multiple pictures. I know this can all be changed by going to the appdata folder on windows and you could even write a batch file to change on every boot up, but I'm using OSMC on a RaspPi 2.

Since it can also call up a slideshow of fan art for a specific movie or tv show, wouldn't it be a great idea to have it also call up arbitrary fanart for the main menu and create a slideshow out of it? I would most definitely love this. Or is there already a way to do this and am I just not in the know?

PS: I know that this might make the skin slow and sluggish for perhaps an old RaspPi, but if that's a problem then it should be included as an option with the warning **might slow down kodi** or something. I'm pretty sure my Pi 2 could handle it though.
(2015-06-30, 16:17)Loewkie Wrote: Nox is now doing the music, film and tv fanarts beautifully, but I would still love to be able to create a slideshow on the main menu. So instead of only showing the gravity fanart it would cycle through multiple pictures. I know this can all be changed by going to the appdata folder on windows and you could even write a batch file to change on every boot up, but I'm using OSMC on a RaspPi 2.

Since it can also call up a slideshow of fan art for a specific movie or tv show, wouldn't it be a great idea to have it also call up arbitrary fanart for the main menu and create a slideshow out of it? I would most definitely love this. Or is there already a way to do this and am I just not in the know?

PS: I know that this might make the skin slow and sluggish for perhaps an old RaspPi, but if that's a problem then it should be included as an option with the warning **might slow down kodi** or something. I'm pretty sure my Pi 2 could handle it though.

That's basic of functionality of Nox, you can change the backgrounds per menu item under skin settings. There are default options for random movie and tv fanart, but you can also invoke fanart based on a playlist.

(2015-07-01, 07:48)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 16:17)Loewkie Wrote: Nox is now doing the music, film and tv fanarts beautifully, but I would still love to be able to create a slideshow on the main menu. So instead of only showing the gravity fanart it would cycle through multiple pictures. I know this can all be changed by going to the appdata folder on windows and you could even write a batch file to change on every boot up, but I'm using OSMC on a RaspPi 2.

That's basic of functionality of Nox, you can change the backgrounds per menu item under skin settings. There are default options for random movie and tv fanart, but you can also invoke fanart based on a playlist.

I know that it can do that per menu item (which it does not do btw) and per movie or tv show (which it does do), but I want it to display more than the gravity fan art in the main menu. Not coupled to a menu or a add on or a show, just a slideshow of images in the main menu. There is no option for that.
(2015-06-30, 11:27)Raytestrak Wrote: How do I make subtitle search the default selected button in VideoOSD.xml?
Change this to 703. You can press up on osd to directly go to this button too.
(2015-07-01, 11:26)Loewkie Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 07:48)Raytestrak Wrote:

I know that it can do that per menu item (which it does not do btw) and per movie or tv show (which it does do), but I want it to display more than the gravity fan art in the main menu. Not coupled to a menu or a add on or a show, just a slideshow of images in the main menu. There is no option for that.

Its in the menu settings. Skin settings->setup aeon nox menu--> choose item on left side and background is one of the right side options.
(2015-06-29, 00:07)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 03:16)phate89 Wrote: Hi. I just switched to isengard and i find the new adaptive seeking a great new feature but it's hard to use it in aeon nox. In confluence when you hit the button it shows how many seconds you're skipping so you actually see it. In aeon nox you see the amount only when kodi is performing the skip in the progress bar (sure there's also the blue cursor but in a 3 hour long movie it's pointless because you can't distinguish 10 /30 secs or 1 min). It's not possible to show the time before to perform the skip like kodi does? It's really confusing not being able to see how much you're skipping

The GitHub version of the skin has Isengard additions that show this where the time is when skippng. I am not sure if 5.7.x has been pushed to the Kodi repo yet but it is available on the git version of Aeon Nox 5.
Thanks the git version is OK. I was sure to have the latest.. Thanks again
Hi all, I have a question that may prove how silly I am.

Is there a way to make music player controls default on screen? I seem to have to back out of every menu before I can get the controls to come up just to get a song to stop playing if I don't want any other music to play.

Unless I am doing something wrong?
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537