Release - Aeon Nox 5

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
braz Online
Skilled Skinner
(2015-07-02 17:28)Dave the Minion Wrote:  Hi all, I have a question that may prove how silly I am.

Is there a way to make music player controls default on screen? I seem to have to back out of every menu before I can get the controls to come up just to get a song to stop playing if I don't want any other music to play.

Unless I am doing something wrong?
Press "m" for media controls.

[Image: mimic-logo.png]
find quote
Dave the Minion Offline
(2015-07-02 19:36)braz Wrote:  
(2015-07-02 17:28)Dave the Minion Wrote:  Hi all, I have a question that may prove how silly I am.

Is there a way to make music player controls default on screen? I seem to have to back out of every menu before I can get the controls to come up just to get a song to stop playing if I don't want any other music to play.

Unless I am doing something wrong?
Press "m" for media controls.

Thanks for the tip!

Is there no way to have them on screen by default?
find quote
Raytestrak Offline
Donor
Where does Nox save the skin settings? To be specific, the submenu config? Usually when I do a reinstall, I just install the skin, place the guisettings.xml and I'm done. With Nox5, the main menu config gets transferred, but the submenus remain default. I have multiple clients and a central MySQL db and I want all my Noxes to look the same Big Grin

And another (small?) question: I'm using shift as my default view for movies and in Nox 4 you had the option to tap down twice (once for page left/right) to view fullscreen fanart. I know Nox5 has the option in the info screen, but how can I restore the old behavior since it is way quicker.

XBMCbuntu on an Intel NUC (DC3217IYE). Onkyo NR-717. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 42LM760S

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:41 by Raytestrak.)
find quote
Steveb Offline
Fan
(Yesterday 09:22)Raytestrak Wrote:  Where does Nox save the skin settings? To be specific, the submenu config? Usually when I do a reinstall, I just install the skin, place the guisettings.xml and I'm done. With Nox5, the main menu config gets transferred, but the submenus remain default. I have multiple clients and a central MySQL db and I want all my Noxes to look the same Big Grin

And another (small?) question: I'm using shift as my default view for movies and in Nox 4 you had the option to tap down twice (once for page left/right) to view fullscreen fanart. I know Nox5 has the option in the info screen, but how can I restore the old behavior since it is way quicker.

The sub-menu cfg is handled by 'script.skinshortcuts', I think Smile
I would say, backup.. "..\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\.. "

As for fs fanart, what is available is good enough for me, sorry. Wink
find quote
AL8782 Offline
(2015-06-30 16:17)Loewkie Wrote:  Nox is now doing the music, film and tv fanarts beautifully, but I would still love to be able to create a slideshow on the main menu. So instead of only showing the gravity fanart it would cycle through multiple pictures. I know this can all be changed by going to the appdata folder on windows and you could even write a batch file to change on every boot up, but I'm using OSMC on a RaspPi 2.

Since it can also call up a slideshow of fan art for a specific movie or tv show, wouldn't it be a great idea to have it also call up arbitrary fanart for the main menu and create a slideshow out of it? I would most definitely love this. Or is there already a way to do this and am I just not in the know?

PS: I know that this might make the skin slow and sluggish for perhaps an old RaspPi, but if that's a problem then it should be included as an option with the warning **might slow down kodi** or something. I'm pretty sure my Pi 2 could handle it though.

I created a folder for each submenu and put all the pictures I wanted into each specific menu item. Then in skin settings just choose multi image and the folder for that menu.

My box is quad core 2g memory and it works fine. Dual cores with 1g memory is very sluggish. I even change the 7 second time inbetween images to 5 seconds.
(This post was last modified: Today 01:04 by AL8782.)
find quote