• 206(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Can anyone help me Ive been using skin for a while but ugpraded to kodi 15 and reinstalled skin, I seem to have lost the option to have music logos in my music library Sad having done hundreds of icons I would really appreciate any advice or mods that will put this function back into what i beleive is the best skin for kodi

thanks !
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Apologies if not.

Can anyone confirm the location of the textures for the on-screen keyboard? I unpacked textures.xbt and had a good look round in there but couldn't seem to find anything.
(2015-08-31, 21:00)Endemoniada Wrote: Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Apologies if not.

Can anyone confirm the location of the textures for the on-screen keyboard? I unpacked textures.xbt and had a good look round in there but couldn't seem to find anything.
Look in DialogKeyboard.xml, it will tell u which textures are used.
I want to resize the floor.png a bit, so that the floor.png is just above the text. The only problem is that the height differs in different views (I use Shift and Bannerwall). So, if I adjust <top> in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml that refers to floor.png to 500 instead of 400, it looks good in Shift, but it's too low in Bannerwall.

I would like them to be the same, but what do I need to change to do that?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2015-09-08, 21:19)Raytestrak Wrote: I want to resize the floor.png a bit, so that the floor.png is just above the text. The only problem is that the height differs in different views (I use Shift and Bannerwall). So, if I adjust <top> in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml that refers to floor.png to 500 instead of 400, it looks good in Shift, but it's too low in Bannerwall.

I would like them to be the same, but what do I need to change to do that?

You can add or alter a conditional slide animation based on the view instead of changing the <top> if you only want to change it in certain views but not all.
For example, this code in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml slides the floor.png up 20 pixels in BannerWall and BigList
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-20" time="720" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="[Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(510)]">Conditional</animation>
(2015-09-08, 22:33)mikesilvo164 Wrote: You can add or alter a conditional slide animation based on the view instead of changing the <top> if you only want to change it in certain views but not all.
For example, this code in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml slides the floor.png up 20 pixels in BannerWall and BigList
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-20" time="720" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="[Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(510)]">Conditional</animation>

Thanks, that helped a bunch! Now I have another question Big Grin

Bannerwall only has the show name and the number of watched/unwatched listed at the bottom. but I would like to try to add the info from the shift or the landcape view in bannerwall. I've located where the info is in View_58_BannerWall.xml, but I haven't found the corresponding code in the other views.

(2015-09-10, 16:49)Raytestrak Wrote: Thanks, that helped a bunch! Now I have another question Big Grin

Bannerwall only has the show name and the number of watched/unwatched listed at the bottom. but I would like to try to add the info from the shift or the landcape view in bannerwall. I've located where the info is in View_58_BannerWall.xml, but I haven't found the corresponding code in the other views.

If I am understanding you correctly and you want to add the icons and labels to the bottom of BannerWall that stuff is in MyVideoNav.xml.
If you add
Code:
| Control.IsVisible(58)
to line 182 you will have the Shift labels and icons but you will probably need to add a conditional slide animation to fix any overlap.
(2015-09-10, 20:21)mikesilvo164 Wrote: If I am understanding you correctly and you want to add the icons and labels to the bottom of BannerWall that stuff is in MyVideoNav.xml.
If you add
Code:
| Control.IsVisible(58)
to line 182 you will have the Shift labels and icons but you will probably need to add a conditional slide animation to fix any overlap.

Thanks again Mike! I had the shift xml almost empty, to find out where those icons came from, never would've thought to look there. The overlay is easily fixed, just commented out lines 169 through 186. Here's a screenshot of what you're helping me do:

(2015-09-10, 20:54)Raytestrak Wrote: Thanks again Mike! I had the shift xml almost empty, to find out where those icons came from, never would've thought to look there. The overlay is easily fixed, just commented out lines 169 through 186. Here's a screenshot of what you're helping me do:
Ummm...
I feel bad in telling you but I had added that exact view to my modded version and named it BannerPlex like it was called in Nox 4 Confused
Probably was a good thing though cause the way I got started was trying to add stuff to the Logo view Smile
(2015-09-10, 20:59)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Ummm...
I feel bad in telling you but I had added that exact view to my modded version and named it BannerPlex like it was called in Nox 4 Confused

Hahaha, I don't mind, let's call it educational. I'll have a look at your mod.
I also wanted to create a more nox-like view. Nox5 is great, but I'm missing too much fanart.

Here's what I did to shift, smaller covers, lowered bottom floor and centralized like it was in Nox5:

I'm still trying to figure out how to enable full screen fanart by pressing down twice in this view (again, like it was in Nox4). Once for per page scrolling, twice for full screen fanart. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but I do sometimes judge a movie by it's backdrop Big Grin

(2015-09-10, 21:15)Raytestrak Wrote: Hahaha, I don't mind, let's call it educational. I'll have a look at your mod.
I also wanted to create a more nox-like view. Nox5 is great, but I'm missing too much fanart.

Here's what I did to shift, smaller covers, lowered bottom floor and centralized like it was in Nox5:

I'm still trying to figure out how to enable full screen fanart by pressing down twice in this view (again, like it was in Nox4). Once for per page scrolling, twice for full screen fanart. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but I do sometimes judge a movie by it's backdrop Big Grin

Oh darn...
Now it is kinda funny though... I believe the look you are going for is a flattened/no coverflow ShowCase view?
If so then I have added that as well Wink
(2015-09-10, 21:15)Raytestrak Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out how to enable full screen fanart by pressing down twice in this view (again, like it was in Nox4). Once for per page scrolling, twice for full screen fanart. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but I do sometimes judge a movie by it's backdrop Big Grin

I was thinking about this and started trying things and what I came up with was adding a new custom window
"custom_1113_FullscreenFanart.xml"
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="1113">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9013</defaultcontrol>
    <onunload condition="Control.IsVisible(53)">SetFocus(53)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="Control.IsVisible(57)">SetFocus(57)</onunload>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="9013">
            <include>HiddenObject</include>
            <onclick>Dialog.Close(1113)</onclick>
            <onup>Dialog.Close(1113)</onup>
            <ondown>Dialog.Close(1113)</ondown>
            <onleft>Dialog.Close(1113)</onleft>
            <onright>Dialog.Close(1113)</onright>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" time="600">WindowOpen</animation>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
then I added
Code:
ActivateWindow(1113)
to the ondown for the ShowCase and Shift view scrollbars.
It worked well for me while testing but not sure if this is the best way to go about it Huh
(2015-09-11, 02:36)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I was thinking about this and started trying things and what I came up with was adding a new custom window
"custom_1113_FullscreenFanart.xml"
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="1113">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9013</defaultcontrol>
    <onunload condition="Control.IsVisible(53)">SetFocus(53)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="Control.IsVisible(57)">SetFocus(57)</onunload>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="9013">
            <include>HiddenObject</include>
            <onclick>Dialog.Close(1113)</onclick>
            <onup>Dialog.Close(1113)</onup>
            <ondown>Dialog.Close(1113)</ondown>
            <onleft>Dialog.Close(1113)</onleft>
            <onright>Dialog.Close(1113)</onright>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" time="600">WindowOpen</animation>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
then I added
Code:
ActivateWindow(1113)
to the ondown for the ShowCase and Shift view scrollbars.
It worked well for me while testing but not sure if this is the best way to go about it Huh

It works great, but I also wonder if there isn't another way to approach this. When you enter the details of a movie, there's already an option to look at the fullscreen fanart under the "+", so there should already be a control present.
I noticed there are two scrollbar controls present (<control type="scrollbar" id="61">), what's the difference?

(2015-09-11, 09:51)Raytestrak Wrote: It works great, but I also wonder if there isn't another way to approach this. When you enter the details of a movie, there's already an option to look at the fullscreen fanart under the "+", so there should already be a control present.
I noticed there are two scrollbar controls present (<control type="scrollbar" id="61">), what's the difference?

I am sure there are a few ways to go but using that button to do it, I think, would take a lot more work.
I added it for my mod and changed the window a little bit also, might wanna take a look and update it if you added it as is.

Maybe BigNoid has a suggestion Huh but for me this was the easiest way I could think to make it work for all the views I have added it for.

FYI the onunload's are only needed if you want to set focus to the view. I ended up commenting them out and just have it focus the scrollbar when the fanart closes.

Not sure what scrollbars you are referring too??
(2015-09-11, 10:01)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I am sure there are a few ways to go but using that button to do it, I think, would take a lot more work.
I added it for my mod and changed the window a little bit also, might wanna take a look and update it if you added it as is.

Maybe BigNoid has a suggestion Huh but for me this was the easiest way I could think to make it work for all the views I have added it for.

FYI the onunload's are only needed if you want to set focus to the view. I ended up commenting them out and just have it focus the scrollbar when the fanart closes.

Not sure what scrollbars you are referring too??

I meant calling the function that button refers to on <ondown> in the scrollbar control. If you get my drift ... but maybe I'm oversimpling things and it's not even possible. This works, so I'm already happy.

In regard to the scrollbars: BN's View_57_Shift.xml has two <control type="scrollbar" id="61"> sections, yours has one refering to id 61 and one refering to id 75. I checked on github, so it's not something I added.

Nevermind: one is for postershift, the other for albumshift.

• 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537