Dual TV Tuner HTPC - first build
Hey guys, I've been researching high and low for my first HTPC build. I've got a few specific requirements and have included most of the current build I'm leaning towards:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ANIL

Two missing components:

AVerMedia AVerTVHD dual tuner card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815100044
Recommended PSU - current recommended wattage is 175W - a bit disappointed that I'm outside the PicoPSU range- any suggestions?
I'm also open to other case recommendations than the ML03B

We live in a rural area and currently only have satellite TV available to us and I'm trying to cut the cable. We're also rather limited on our internet - currently 6MB wISP link with 25GB DL limit. I can upgrade us to 100GB/month DL, but obviously I'm still concerned with transferring too much data.

My primary goal is to build a quiet system that's capable of some decent gaming with my boys over Steam Big Picture, play Blu-rays/DVDs and stream/record/DVR capabilities. I've also picked up a Roku 3 that I was planning to add and intend to use PlayOn and PlayLater in conjunction with this HTPC to reduce the amount of long-term streaming. Planning on mainly Netflix, HuluPlus and network affiliate sites for streaming.

I really wanted to go mini-ITX, but there aren't any boards that include a PCI-Express x1 port for the tuner card so I went with micro-ATX. I'm not opposed to going with a bigger case, but it needs to lay horizontally in our entertainment center and can't be taller than 7".

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Apologies to those that may have already read this but someone made the suggestion of starting my own thread.
I use a HDhomerun under windows 8.1 with media portal for local tv. I love it have not had any trouble, especially with the fast channel changing builds.
If you really want to go mini-ITX, then why not get an external tuner (or two, don't know if there are any dual tuner USB devices) instead of the PCIe card?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual TV Tuner HTPC - first build0