• 3(current)
Android HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators
Would someone be willing to do a video walk-through of this processand post it ?
Updating ROM COLLECTION BROWSER to the latest test version allows you to configure it in a very easier way

Bonjour, je ne sais pas écrire en Anglais mais je le comprend. Je rencontre un probleme sur une tronsmart MK908 rom Finless 1.8. Je ne peux créer un launcher car je ne trouve aucune application dans le dossier sytem/xbin, le dossier am n'existe pas c'est un fichier ainsi que pour su. Je n'ai pas non plus accés au dossier data/app. Merci de votre aide car cela fait toujours que je bloque.
nvm
This is working great. Thanks so much for the help! Only problem is getting these emulators to play nicely with wireless Xbox 360 controllers on my amazon fire TV...
This doesn't work for me with my FireTV. Trying to get Mupen64Plus setup, after following all the steps (including editing the arguments in the launchers.xml file), when I click on the ROM I want to play nothing happens...
(2014-07-25, 01:57)Swaggarwal Wrote: This doesn't work for me with my FireTV. Trying to get Mupen64Plus setup, after following all the steps (including editing the arguments in the launchers.xml file), when I click on the ROM I want to play nothing happens...
If you are rooted make sure the system command is set to /system/xbin/su. This caused me problems
I've tried it with the 'root' arguments using /system/xbin/su as the application, and with the 'non-root' arguments using /system/bin/am as the application, neither work. Tried setting up SNES9X EX+ today as well and got the same problem (nothing happens when I click the ROM I want to play). Even ROM Collection Browser isn't able to launch the ROMs correctly...
Was able to get ROM Collection Browser working for SNES9x EX+ only (not Mupen64 Free), but still no luck getting Advanced Launcher to work with either Sad
I'll try to post my config.xml file later that has nes, SNES, n64, and Genesis working.
(2014-08-01, 18:42)bradwatson Wrote: I'll try to post my config.xml file later that has nes, SNES, n64, and Genesis working.

I would appreciate that, thanks!
Below is the RomCollections configuration from my config.xml file. Keep in mind that I'm using StickMount to access the ROMs off of my external SD card. I had first configured things to run off of a network share, but that doesn't work because the emulators are not able to see the files as XBMC is.

Code:
<RomCollections>
    <RomCollection id="1" name="Nintendo 64">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>/system/xbin/su</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>-c 'am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" &amp;&amp; am start --user 0 -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs//*.n64</romPath>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs//*.z64</romPath>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs//*.v64</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs/boxback//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs/boxfront//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs/cartridge//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs/screenshot//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/N64/ROMs/fanart//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <usePopen>False</usePopen>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfobig</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="archive.vg" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="mobygames.com" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>
    <RomCollection id="2" name="NES">
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>/system/bin/am</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.NesEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs//*.zip</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs/boxfront//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs/boxback//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs/cartridge//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs/screenshot//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Nintendo/ROMs/fanart//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
    </RomCollection>
    <RomCollection id="3" name="SNES">
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs//*.zip</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs/boxfront//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs/boxback//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs/cartridge//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs/screenshot//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/SNES/ROMs/fanart//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
    </RomCollection>
    <RomCollection id="4" name="Genesis">
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs//*.zip</romPath>
      <romPath>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs//*.bin</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs/boxfront//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs/boxback//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs/screenshot//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/emulation/Genesis/ROMs/fanart//%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
    </RomCollection>
  </RomCollections>
Did you send it to /userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser? If so, I've verified I sent a copy of your config.xml there, but anytime I try and open RCB, it says no config file is found and asks if I'd like to create a new one. I've even tried creating one through XBMC then overwriting that file with a copy of yours, but I still get the same error. (If it matters, I'm using Amazon Fire TV.)

Thanks.
(2014-08-14, 20:37)mlu3141 Wrote: Did you send it to /userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser? If so, I've verified I sent a copy of your config.xml there, but anytime I try and open RCB, it says no config file is found and asks if I'd like to create a new one. I've even tried creating one through XBMC then overwriting that file with a copy of yours, but I still get the same error. (If it matters, I'm using Amazon Fire TV.)

Thanks.
Mine is in that directory I think, but I only posted a cut out of the fine above. That isn't the entire file. I can post it somewhere later today. Just let RCB create the file for you then use the config from above. I'm also on amazon Fire TV.
If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it. I can only get it to work with Retroarch through XBMC, but that's doesn't work with the Amazon controller. I've loaded the same emulators you have listed and gone through the configuration, but they won't load through RCB.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators6