Ouya vs Pivos Linux vs Minix X7 solely for watching XBMC
Hi, sorry I'm new to this and I have read a bunch of threads here but haven't really gotten an answer I was looking for. Please bear with me if this has been answered but I spent quite a while looking and couldn't find a solid answer.

I just want to cancel my cable and plug in a box running XBMC and possibly add some add on channels going forward. Is the Ouya, Pivos with Linux, or Minix X7 the best? I am a complete newbie and have no idea about half the stuff that I read here lol. It is almost like reading Chinese or something.

I would like to stream in 1080p if possible and that cheaper is better (obvious but just in case that helps)

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.
My 1st choice would be Ouya. Well compiled hardware. Good support and runs more fluid.

My 2nd choice is Minix X7. Built in China using cheap Rockchip processor like the hundreds of other Android TV boxes you see on eBay and Amazon.

Stay away from Pivos!

Linux is a little advance if you want to get technical.
well, i have pivos running linux (armlogic device), and minix x7 (rockchip device), i do not own ouya yet, but xbmc runs without any problems on my pivos box, boots directly to xbmc plus it supports hardware acceleration and it has offical xbmc support.

if pivos do not relase their new box soon, i'll go for ouya.
(2014-01-16, 20:22)ministerjee Wrote: well, i have pivos running linux (armlogic device), and minix x7 (rockchip device), i do not own ouya yet, but xbmc runs without any problems on my pivos box, boots directly to xbmc plus it supports hardware acceleration and it has offical xbmc support.

if pivos do not relase their new box soon, i'll go for ouya.
I had a pivos then I got an ouya, ouya runs noticeable fast.
Thanks guys - Ouya it is!
do let us know when you get your ouya, and about the first impressions.

i have heared ouya initial setup requires you to enter CC details, anyone knows if there is a way to skip it?
(2014-01-18, 01:25)ministerjee Wrote: do let us know when you get your ouya, and about the first impressions.

i have heared ouya initial setup requires you to enter CC details, anyone knows if there is a way to skip it?

You can buy a prepaid Ouya card for 10 bucks and use that in place of a personal credit card. I picked up my Ouya and card at a local Target. The Ouya is definitely the way to go for XBMC!
(2014-01-18, 01:25)ministerjee Wrote: do let us know when you get your ouya, and about the first impressions.

There's no way around entering some kind of payment information when you create your account. You can either put in credit card information or an Ouya gift card code. I used an old prepaid credit card that I got from an unrelated rebate, and I've seen people talk about being able to use test credit card numbers but I never tried one myself. Once you link a form of payment to your account, then you can use that login to sign into other Ouyas without entering additional payment information.
the test credit card numbers work,
Yes - I finally got my Ouya and used a prepaid card and that worked. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya vs Pivos Linux vs Minix X7 solely for watching XBMC0