Graphic Card for Under $80 Bucks
I'm looking for a cheap-ish graphics card for my system.

I have a BioStar A85W with an AMD 10-6800K. I set the machine up using the DVI and a 27 inch monitor and I'm having trouble getting it to ALWAYS boot to HDMI once installed in the TV stand with the just TV as the monitor. So I want to spend 50 to 80 bucks on a dedicated card.

I've been looking at these 3: (I have very little video card experience so I dunno what would be best)

1st is Sapphire AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB for 70 bucks
2nd is EVGA GeForce GT 630 2048MB GDDR3 for 65 bucks
3rd is Axle3D Nvidia GeForce GT 520 2GB DDR3 for 59 bucks (which I really like because it doesn't use fans. It has just a huge heatsink on it. My system is silent with only Noctura fans, so this is a nice feature, but I don't know if the video card is crap!)

Or any other options. I wouldn't mind getting one thats 80 or 90 bucks, as long as it'll play Command and Conquer and SimCity and play 1080P...all which a video card made in the past few years shouldn't have any problem with. But mainly be able to be the HDMI display from bootup!
Why? The AMD Radeon HD 8670D iGPU in your CPU should be plenty of power to playback blu-ray movie with ease. The GPU in your list is not that much better than your iGPU either...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-01-18, 02:05)bluray Wrote: Why? The AMD Radeon HD 8670D iGPU in your CPU should be plenty of power to playback blu-ray movie with ease. The GPU in your list is not that much better than your iGPU either...

Because I've been having issues with the HDMI when only using that to start the machine up from cold. I just talked to a buddy of mine and he has a year old AMD Radeon HD 7770 Video Card 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express. Would that be a much better jump in performance?
(2014-01-18, 02:14)Townie5Lax Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 02:05)bluray Wrote: Why? The AMD Radeon HD 8670D iGPU in your CPU should be plenty of power to playback blu-ray movie with ease. The GPU in your list is not that much better than your iGPU either...

Because I've been having issues with the HDMI when only using that to start the machine up from cold. I just talked to a buddy of mine and he has a year old AMD Radeon HD 7770 Video Card 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express. Would that be a much better jump in performance?
Yes! If you are replacing it with AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5, go for it. It is a much more powerful card than the iGPU...

Going back to the HDMI issue, have you update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect, and check with your mobo manufacture website to see if there any firmware update there too...
Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a XFX FX-777A-ZNF4 1GB tomorrow.

One question is the whole cross graphic stuff with the A10-6800K. Would I see any benifit from this? Is it even possible with the A10-6800K and a 7770 card?....and lastly, what is it all about?
(2014-01-20, 15:11)Townie5Lax Wrote: Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a XFX FX-777A-ZNF4 1GB tomorrow.

One question is the whole cross graphic stuff with the A10-6800K. Would I see any benifit from this? Is it even possible with the A10-6800K and a 7770 card?....and lastly, what is it all about?
I know you can crossfire APU iGPU with some external GPU, but I'm not sure that you can crossfire those two graphic cards. You might want to confirm it with AMD to confirm the compatibility....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphic Card for Under $80 Bucks0