Weird behaviour with Library details somehow being 'cached'
This is a strange one that I can't figure out. For the last year or so, I've been using MySQL 5.5, hosted on my main Media Centre, so I can share my movie library with my other htpc in the bedroom. Both htpc's have been running Frodo 12.2 and have been running perfectly - until yesterday.

I wanted to delete my old MySQL library as I've just bought a new NAS to store my movies etc on, and it has a different IP on my network, so thought it easiest if I just delete my old MySql library, and whilst I was at it, I thought I'd upgrade to Frodo 12.3.

So, I DROPPED the MyVideos75 and MyMusic75 databases from my MySql installation, uninstalled Frodo 12.2, also removing any XBMC folders that were left after the install. Due to the problem I'll come on to in a sec, I also ended up uninstalling MySql(!), and also removing some MySql folders that were left in ProgramData folder etc. I did a new install of MySql, created the xbmx user and assigned permissions etc as per the wiki, and installed xbmc again. I put the advancedsettings.xml file (with my mysql location and login details etc, as per my original installation, but changing the IP to point to my new NAS for movies and TVShows). However, once I added and scraped my 2 sources inside XBMC (still on the main HTPC), when I go to view the movies, a large number of them have 'Watched' flag assigned, and they are movies that I had previously flagged as watched on my old MySql / XBMC installation! Where is it getting this information from, when I've completely dropped my old MySql databases, even uninstalled MySql etc? Also, when I then add a new movie onto the NAS and go to do an update in XBMC, I'll see it flash the name of the movie up on the update box that appears in the top right, but only for a split second, but then wont actually add it to my movies - it doesnt appear?!

There seems to be some crazy issue going on with the library side of things, most confusing of all being the fact that it appears to be remembering details of an old library (watched status) when I've started from scratch! I'm at the point where Im about to format the machine and start from scratch, but before doing that I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks for any help...
Does your advancedsettings.xml file say "<importwatchedstate>" anywhere in it? If so, then it's loading them from local NFO files.
Yes it does! Thanks for that!!! What generates those NFO files in my movie folders? I'm sure I never used to have them in there? I've only just seen it in some of the folders after you've pointed out the importwatchedstate setting...?
You probably had XBMC export them at one point during the MySQL setup. Those files are created when you do "Export" as multiple files. You can even update them to more recent watched status by re-exporting and overwriting the old files, or remove that import line from advancedsettings to not import watched status at all.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. This has saved me a day of complete confusion and head scratching! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird behaviour with Library details somehow being 'cached'0