Linux External hard drive become main hard drive ??
I plugged up my external hard drive into my xbmcbuntu setup and had to mount it... i followed the instructions from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB and mounted the hard drive in a shared folder so i could access it via other computers.

This worked for a while until xbmc crashed and had to be restarted - when it restarted it seems to have used the external hard drive to re-install a fresh xbmc onto the external hard drive and is completely ignoring my internal hard drive with all my settings and files.

I have tried to unmount the external but it wont allow me telling me the external hard drive is busy - now im not the best at linux im still a newbie but does any one know how i can unmount my external hard drive and re-mount my internal as a boot ??
Seems very strange.

what happens if you boot without the external plugged in ?
It says
The disk drive for /home/htpc is not ready yet or not present.
Continue to wait, or press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery.

When i press S it just freezes, and when i press M it comes up with terminal...

But im lost now.. When i press M i have tried to remount my main internal hard drive but it tells me that its already mounted. ??
is their a way to start xbmc from terminal ?

i have been using the aeon nox skin with xunity and noticed that these change the start up splash screen but with the external unplugged it shows the same old xbmc splash screen so i think its loading xbmc from anther location not the original location - if that makes any sense
Post /etc/fstab

Willing to bet you were using a "/dev/sdX" naming scheme. No bueno and I am highly doubting a re-start after crash led to a re-install on your external drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External hard drive become main hard drive ??0