Linux AHEM! Let me clear my throat...
So how's OpenStack working out for you? Do you run XBMC on it now, and do they play along nicely?

(2014-02-07, 16:06)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: 512TB? wow,......I'm not sure the NSA has that kind of storage. Wink

They may want to borrow it.
(2014-02-07, 20:54)DrDaxxy Wrote: So how's OpenStack working out for you? Do you run XBMC on it now, and do they play along nicely?

(2014-02-07, 16:06)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: 512TB? wow,......I'm not sure the NSA has that kind of storage. Wink

They may want to borrow it.
I wouldn't if I was them...the system has a kill switch that wipes everything on every drive...
And another lesser evil that constantly scans the system deleting anything suspicious...

I will know if OpenStack can really "hang" when I move one complete server over to it (16x 4TB of data). Right now is just preliminary testing...
(2014-02-07, 01:26)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 21:08)rogern Wrote: The rack is quite cheap as 350$ pluss taxes though

link

And with some LSI SAS controllers i can build the nas.

Not intended to highjack this thread Wink

The Rosewill Swappable Chasis is half as much and holds 16x drives. I have a self imposed limit on the number of drives per server (again, no particular reason; specially now with Openstack up and running)...

Before i will order this rack i do not find how deep this rack is, there is a limit of how deep it can be for me. Rosewill

The depth is the main issue with me, otherwise i have to buy a bigger one also
(2014-02-13, 22:09)rogern Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 01:26)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 21:08)rogern Wrote: The rack is quite cheap as 350$ pluss taxes though

link

And with some LSI SAS controllers i can build the nas.

Not intended to highjack this thread Wink

The Rosewill Swappable Chasis is half as much and holds 16x drives. I have a self imposed limit on the number of drives per server (again, no particular reason; specially now with Openstack up and running)...

Before i will order this rack i do not find how deep this rack is, there is a limit of how deep it can be for me. Rosewill

The depth is the main issue with me, otherwise i have to buy a bigger one also

Physical Spec
Dimensions
25" x 16.8" x 7" (635 x 427 x 178mm (Include panel))
Weight
Net Weight: 23.1 lbs.
Building myself a Flexraid server in a Corsair Air540 cube case with 9x Corsair 900D hotswap caddies giving me 29x 3.25" hotswap drive slots and 4x 2.5" drive slots. Case and HDD caddies cost about €150 and €290 respectively.

Deciding on mobo ATM.

3 or 4 LSI (2x SAS -> 8x SATA) cards too obviously
You guys are awesome. When I mention my meager 7TB's to friends, their jaws drop. This is a whole different level, and I am impressed.
@calibos,

I would suggest to stick with a base GNU/Linux install and add whatever storage infrastructure you decide on top. That way you can re-purpose your storage pods for other task.
I will be using OpenStack exactly for that reason: In addition to a 1 Petabyte, 16 pods storage array, I will also have a pretty impressive computing platform at my fingertips (via the compute module in opnstack)...
How noisy are these racks? Can you work in the same room as them, or do they have to go out in the garage or somewhere?
(2014-02-19, 02:46)sfontes Wrote: How noisy are these racks? Can you work in the same room as them, or do they have to go out in the garage or somewhere?

I meassured the sound pressure once and it turned out to be about 22dBA...
This is very well done jacintech.fire. Just for reference, what is the resource usage on the testbench server with OpenStack? Also, are you running enterprise grade hardware (Opteron or Xeon CPU, ECC RAM) or consumer grade hardware (Core or FX CPU, DDR3 RAM) for the computing portion of the storage servers?
(2014-05-07, 01:27)Soul_Est Wrote: This is very well done jacintech.fire. Just for reference, what is the resource usage on the testbench server with OpenStack? Also, are you running enterprise grade hardware (Opteron or Xeon CPU, ECC RAM) or consumer grade hardware (Core or FX CPU, DDR3 RAM) for the computing portion of the storage servers?

I now have 16x pods and with the exception of the two controller pods the specs are just run of the mill, commodity hardware...As for resource usage, I am just testing and fine tuning things. At this point any data in that regard would be meaningless..
Still running strong....
why are you so full of shit?

source
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-01-15, 20:09)bry- Wrote: why are you so full of shit?

whhhhaaaaaattttt?
Don't feed the trolls jacintech. Just don't feed them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AHEM! Let me clear my throat...0