Excellent low budget 3.1 surround sound speakers for XBMC!
I installed 3.1 surround sound speakers in my master bedroom a couple weeks ago. The hardwares are below-

1. HTPC GPU- Radeon HD5570 connecting through rear HDMI port and Microsoft Surface Pro (w/ Intel HD4000) connecting through front HDMI port
2. AVR- Onkyo RC270
3. Floor standing speakers- Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Andrew Jones Designed
4. Center speakers- Pioneer SP-C21 Andrew Jones Designed
5. Subwoofer- Energy Power 12 Sub
6. Software- Windows 7, XBMC, TMT5 and Foobar2000
7. LEDTV- 32" Toshiba

Don't let the low price and spec of the floor standing, center and subwoofer speakers in the list fool you. The sounds are crisp, clear and heart thumping throughout my over size master bedroom. I know that Pioneer is not known for high quality home speaker, but these speakers are designed by world-renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones. The enclosure and speaker are very high quality. I uses this system mostly for music. XBMC is use for its excellent UI, Foobar2000 as XBMC external player and Pandora/WAV are streams directly on Network AVR to get the best AQ. I re-watched some blu-ray movies on this 3.1 surround sound system. The DTS-HD and TrueHD sounds great on it too.

If you are looking for a good sounding 3.1 system for a den, bedroom, or a small stereo system, I highly recommended the speakers in my list-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excellent low budget 3.1 surround sound speakers for XBMC!0