Arduino + Exercise Bike Addon Questions
Hello. I've been working on porting one of my previous projects to XBMC (Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtlR-wWlbDQ) that combined a Perl script, an Arduino, and VLC Media Player. Its function: given parameters for desired revolutions, video playback could be modulated to keep the person (me) at a reasonable pace on an exercise bike.

I am porting this setup to XBMC because I'm replacing my previous home theater setup with Raspbmc. I've... honestly been having a lot of fun with it, and thanks to probably a lot of people for making it straightforward to slap something together.

But the questions...

Question #1:

So far, I have a working port that can pause/play the queued media provided I keep up. However, I'm finding that the functionality I had in VLC for programmatically speeding up or slowing down the video appears to be missing from the Python Addon API (the latter being the more important function).

The xbmc.executebuiltin( 'PlayerControl( Forward )' ) type of controls seem to only support doing "fast forward" or "rewind" types of playback. In my previous implementation, I was able to slow down the video if I dipped below 100%, and could walk playback speed up or down depending on how I did. Looking at the documentation for the OMXPlayer, hitting "1" and "2" will slow down or speed up video, respectively. Are these commands available from within the Python API?

Question #2:

I previously had a heads-up text display that I could use to indicate things like a) Current RPMs, b) Desired RPMs, c) remaining time in a video, etc. I'm finding that there is a Notification built-in function, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is doing (if anything at all).

Really, I only want a bit of text on the screen that will update no more than once a second, showing me my exercise progress. Is there a way to accomplish this via the Python API? Any of the APIs?

Thanks in advance.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

PlayerControl( Forward ) PlayerControl( Rewind ) is your only option for now ... sorry

xbmc.executebuiltin(u'Notification("Header Text","Some Text",2000,"path/to/icon.png"))

shopuld do what you need,
(2014-01-20, 13:17)amet Wrote: #1
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

PlayerControl( Forward ) PlayerControl( Rewind ) is your only option for now ... sorry

xbmc.executebuiltin(u'Notification("Header Text","Some Text",2000,"path/to/icon.png"))

shopuld do what you need,

#1 Fair enough, figured I'd missed something.

#2 I had attempted the Notification built-in before with little success. Are there any settings that would affect whether it would display on my video output? The documentation is a little unclear on this point. Either way, I'll try after it again next time I'm tinkering.
#2 woudl display on your screen, it would just popup having "Some Text" and a icon for 2000ms

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arduino + Exercise Bike Addon Questions0