Customize menus
Are you planning to support the ""skin shortcuts" addon" (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182438)? Would be great!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Searched for "shortcuts" and could not find anything more recent than this thread.

Ronie, do you plan on supporting this addon?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortc..._Shortcuts
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
How is skin shortcuts different than Favourites or Super Favourites for that matter? Just trying to wrap my head around another short cut program?
Skin Shortcuts allows the skinner to easily provide a system to edit the full home menu, compared to others which simply manage a list of personal shortcuts. Little need for it with Transparency, though, which has a good customised menu system as-is.
As far as I'm aware, but I'd gladly be proven wrong, there is no way to customize the basic entries in the home menu. For instance, Movies always brings you to the standard movies view, no matter if you customize the relevant node, because it calls a window and not a node. Skins using Sking Shortcuts allow, from what I've seen, total customization of home menu.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Bump.
Love skin shortcuts and would love to see it in Transparency as well! Following....
It's really unfortunate that this hasn't got any attention... customizability is one of Kodi's main strengths... Sad
Bump. Sad
I guess Ronie isn't planning to add support for this anytime soon.
Now might be the time to suggest this in Kodi 17 - [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262603 the home page looks very T!
I think Estuary is quite different and it definitely doesn't look like a fanart skin.
Have you thought about doing your own mod? Basic integration of Skin Shortcuts is relatively easy - this fork (based on Jarvis) replaces the main and submenu with a Skin Shortcuts powered one just to show it's possible - and learning to skin can be a highly rewarding experience Smile

If you're interested, you're welcome to use that example fork as a base. It still needs the management dialog skinned, widgets and backgrounds to be switched to Skin Shortcuts, and a hundred and one other smaller jobs, but it might get you started Wink

Skinning Manual (wiki), Skin Shortcuts docs.
Hi Bob, thanks for this... I've given this thought many times in the past. Never found the courage, to be honest. Smile
Looks like ashlar and I are still on the same mission... Custom menu items would be great. For example, would really love to exclude 3D movies from the default movie home menu item. And Classical music from the default music home menu.

Transparency! is still my favorite skin and I always prefer not to use Mods as I need to rely that future updates will be provided.

I hope ronie changes his mind on this and/or elaborates what speaks against integrating this (assuming the reason goes beyond time needed to do so).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customize menus0