Win Launching a Live TV Session with a remote
I don't think this will really be the right section to ask this but it is definitely related. I primarily use my XBMC machine to watch TV. The goal for me when I moved away from my comcast DVR to the XBMC machine was to make a more flexible DVR with a better interface which I feel I have successfully done thus far without any custom automation or scripts. I have recently bought a TV Slide Pro remote with the RF dongle. This remote has a live TV button on it which I would like it to launch the Live TV window and tune to the last played channel which XBMC can do on start (I disabled this start up option). Does anyone know how I can map this action, if possible, in the Keyboard.xml file?
It is related, but I don't know the answer. I'm not even sure whether its possible to launch the live-tv window. maybe better in the general pvr-support forum? I can move the thread if you like.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I think you can at least go to live TV section or EPG view etc, but I dont think there is an action to "play the last channel". Despite it being a XBMC startup option I dont think it's an assignable keybind or action in keyboard.xml

if you google, you can find some info on customising remote commands for PVR functions, but as I say, not sure you will be able to "play last channel".

You should definitely make the feature suggestion in the PVR development section as it sounds pretty good
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-01-21, 00:40)Talguy Wrote: I don't think this will really be the right section to ask this but it is definitely related. I primarily use my XBMC machine to watch TV. The goal for me when I moved away from my comcast DVR to the XBMC machine was to make a more flexible DVR with a better interface which I feel I have successfully done thus far without any custom automation or scripts. I have recently bought a TV Slide Pro remote with the RF dongle. This remote has a live TV button on it which I would like it to launch the Live TV window and tune to the last played channel which XBMC can do on start (I disabled this start up option). Does anyone know how I can map this action, if possible, in the Keyboard.xml file?

Pre gotham I used a jsonrpc command to start livetv that was mapped to a remote button - it would start playing from a fixed channel number:

Code:
/usr/bin/curl -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"channelid":14}}}' http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc

In gotham there is a built in function to start livetv, and this will start from the last channel, from my remote.xml:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mymusic>
      <record>XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</record>
      <red>PlayPvrTV</red>
brilliant!

id be interested if you shared any other customisations youve made for better PVR remote setup... I havent done anything in this area as yet but I really should... I dont even have a Record button bound Big Grin
(2014-01-22, 08:25)scarecrow420 Wrote: brilliant!

id be interested if you shared any other customisations youve made for better PVR remote setup... I havent done anything in this area as yet but I really should... I dont even have a Record button bound Big Grin

Sure, here you go:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mymusic>
      <record>XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</record>
      <red>PlayPvrTV</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</green>
      <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</yellow>
      <blue>RunScript(script.audio.party.mode.start)</blue>
      <star>XBMC.updatelibrary(Video)</star>
      <hash>XBMC.updatelibrary(Music)</hash>
    </remote>
    <universalremote>
      <obc150>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</obc150>
<!--    <obc151>RunScript(script.boblight.launcher)</obc151> -->
    </universalremote>
  </global>
  <Home>
    <remote>
      <mymusic>FullScreen</mymusic>
      <star>XBMC.updatelibrary(Video)</star>
      <hash>XBMC.updatelibrary(Music)</hash>
      <info>XBMC.ActivateWindow(SystemInfo)</info>
      <title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</title>
      <menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</menu>
    </remote>
  </Home>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <universalremote>
      <obc149>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</obc149>
    </universalremote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <Visualisation>
    <remote>
      <back>FullScreen</back>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>NextPreset</up>
      <down>PreviousPreset</down>
      <title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist)</title>
      <star>CodecInfo</star>
    </remote>
    <universalremote>
      <obc149>RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</obc149>
    </universalremote>
  </Visualisation>
  <MusicOSD>
    <remote>
      <star>CodecInfo</star>
      <title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist)</title>
    </remote>
    <universalremote>
      <obc149>RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</obc149>
    </universalremote>
  </MusicOSD>
  <VirtualKeyboard>
    <remote>
      <back>PreviousMenu</back>
      <yellow>BackSpace</yellow>
    </remote>
  </VirtualKeyboard>
  <NumericInput>
    <remote>
      <back>PreviousMenu</back>
    </remote>
  </NumericInput>
  <TV>
    <remote>
      <red>VolumeUp</red>
      <green>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</green>
      <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</yellow>
      <blue>RunScript(script.audio.party.mode.start)</blue>
    </remote>
  </TV>
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
      <pageplus>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</pageplus>
      <pageminus>ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
  <PVROSDChannels>
    <remote>
      <pageplus>up</pageplus>
      <pageminus>down</pageminus>
      <display>Close</display>
    </remote>
  </PVROSDChannels>

</keymap>

Theres a few live tv changes in there, colours to start livetv, show epg + recordings. For fullscreen livetv the direction buttons mimic xbmc's video controls and ch+/- bring up, then scroll through, the pvd osd channel list (I find this helps with slow channel changes)

My remote keymap is like a fine wine, it get better with age Rofl
Cool I'll give some of those a go... Out of interest what is the <TV> section for and how come you have VolumeUp bound on red key there (also, no volume down anywhere)? I assume like most, your actual volume +/- on the remote control your receiver, so what's with controlling the XBMC volume up (and never down)?
Ah the red key is from when I was using jsonrpc to start livetv, the button wasnt used by xbmc so I mapped the button to volume up to keep xbmc's volume at max, becuase I control volume via the tv/receiver.
@krustyreturns, Yea I only posted here cause I find this subforum more active then the rest and even the root PVR forum. Looks like I generated enough interest that teeedubb provide a solution for us

@teeedubb, Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I'm still on frodo so I can't use most of your solution. But I'll bookmark this for when I do decide to upgrade to gotham. I looked in the XBMC Keyboard.xml wiki and couldn't find anything on the category <TV> tags. Can you explain where you found documentation on those or did you just create it for organzational purposes? Or is it a Gotham specific Tag as they're trying to make the PVR functionality more integrated into XBMC with the Gotham version.
AFAIK only the playpvrtv is new to Gotham. Here are some links

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap
Make sure to check out the buttontranslator.CPP link.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs
Thank you guys!
Is it possible to auto-start last watched channel just after return from suspend? I want to make emulation of "dumb old TV" for my mother Wink
Xbmc has a optionfor live TV to start playback of last channel in startup, not sure if that works on resume too. What operating system are you using? You could restart xbmc in resume or launch one of the above commands on resume.
That option doesn't work on resume.
I'm using OpenELEC.
Restart is too slow.
Do you mean jsonrpc commands? Well, if there is no other options, I'll give it a try.
Thank you
yup the option start playback of livetv on the last channel only works when you're starting up XBMC as a whole. If you're resuming/ turning your TV on you could get your HTPC interfaced with the TV via serial or ethernet interface and have eventghost detect the TV's state. Eventghost will control the starting and killing of the XBMC process via the TV's state and the last channel will be played as long as the option is enabled. I haven't tried to do this but its the best option I have thought of
It could be considered if XBMC restart process doesn't involve relatively long bunch loading of Tvheadend channels, EPG and such.
Sending json request seems better option for my case - there is a script which run on resume, I could use it.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching a Live TV Session with a remote0