Android My Android won't retain my personal XBMC settings.
Hello everyone,

I could really use some help with an issue I'm having. I don't like to ask for help on forums I'm not an active contributor on, but I'm still fairly new to XBMC and have been taking a lot in over the last couple month (This forum has been extremely helpful by the way!) This issue has me stuck and beyond frustrated.

I've searched and searched, but have not found a solution in any of the threads regarding the problem. Some advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I have an Android mini Pc stick mk806. I bought it over a year ago and decided last week to load XBMC and turn it into a little media center for my nieces.

I can shut down XBMC and restart it without any issue, but as soon as the stick is unplugged all personal settings are lost. It boots up and I start XBMC and the addons are still there, but skin, background, weather, international settings etc all set back to default.

I've read several threads on the subject but none seem to have an answer. The last one I was looking at said its an issue being worked on, but that post was 4 months ago.

Thank you.
I tried to post this in several places. I have found a permanent workaround. Details can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180691

Hope this helps. It is basically a script that will copy guisettings.xml everytime the device is rebooted.
Thank you, I will give it a try.
Hello, has anyone ever found a fix for this, I'm having the same problem on Mxq boxes with skins and settings defaulting every now and again and I have to keep restoring it
I recently built a media center with Kodi Isengard on a Pi B, and I am having the same problem... can't imagine that nobody had a solution for 2 years!

Randomly, when I turn on the Pi, Kodi has lost my settings. I think it is linked to auto updates, which may replace guisettings.xml.

Must I apply the "backup" solution, or is there a real fix?
(2015-08-16, 03:07)Nicovideo Wrote: I recently built a media center with Kodi Isengard on a Pi B, and I am having the same problem... can't imagine that nobody had a solution for 2 years!

Randomly, when I turn on the Pi, Kodi has lost my settings. I think it is linked to auto updates, which may replace guisettings.xml.

Must I apply the "backup" solution, or is there a real fix?

You likely have a different issue/cause. I think the issue the others were having had something to do with either full local memory or misbehaving Android cache cleaner tools. Please make a post for your issue in the R-Pi sub-forum and see if you can get us a debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Android won't retain my personal XBMC settings.0