• 3(current)
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'
(2014-01-22, 15:21)buzzqw Wrote: yea, i would be interested too (less then 150€ full equipped)

BHH

Hi

We are proposing the spec as per the original post with the customer adding their RAM and SD
(2014-01-22, 16:17)solamnic Wrote: a) Is there a vertical stand?

b) Outer dimensions (in cm) ?

c) Anyone knows if there is a CPU - GPU comparison for Atom E3822 (and his integrated GPU) vs lets sayt Atom 2500 with Nvidia GT610

d) An SSD or mssd drives can be fitted in? how?

e) Name of the product?

f) When it will be available?

g) RRP?

Hi
a) Not at this point could add to road map if enough interest
b) 150mm x 150mm at widest point.
c) Don't know of a comparison at the same cost
d) Using PCIe slot msata
e) Not ready to release
f) Board just finished want to release ASAP!!!
g) +/- $150/£90 without RAM or SD

Please give feedback
Im in the uk and very intrested too, it would go nice next to my TV. Is there any LED's on it ? I hope not but then again I normally just put stickers over them!
(2014-01-22, 16:30)DaSingh Wrote: Now that I have seen the pics I would be interested, also in UK so would love to test. Any plans to include IR remote or does the internal IR work with any WMC remote?

Hi

We are not proposing a remote as there are so many on the market. The product utilises the Maxim MAXQ610J-0000+ IR chip which is well documented.

(2014-01-22, 17:05)goujam Wrote: Im in the uk and very intrested too, it would go nice next to my TV. Is there any LED's on it ? I hope not but then again I normally just put stickers over them!

Hi

Yes there is a blue LED on the front shining through IR window.
Looks nice.
That's exactly what I would need for the bedroom TV's. Three questions I have are:
1: Would it be able to boot off the SD card
2: I noticed the case has a blank for HDMI in. Is the a future plan or was it a plan in the past that could not be implemented
3: Will there be a VESA mount option since its size would be perfect to mount to the back of a TV

I look forward to seeing the retail version.
(2014-01-22, 16:29)hamk Wrote: Hi

The price will reflect exchange rate. There is not a power/reset button, you could use an inline power button if needed.

Great, nice to not get screwed on the price for a change Smile

Definately in for a couple of these device if XBMC runs well on them (which it looks like it should in theory!)

If you need any testers in the UK i'm in - would certainly be willing to review this for people interested here Big Grin
For your information, for similar types of questions and answers also see these other threads for ongoing discussions
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170704
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183989
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182171

(2014-01-21, 17:50)hamk Wrote: Would you be interested in a completely 'OPEN STB' at around $150? Capable of running Windows, Linux or Android.

Processor: Intel ® Bay Trail E3822 Dual Core Processor
If it will be Intel x86-64 based then Linux is practically your only option, so look into pre-installing OpenELEC or GeeXbox

http://www.openelec.tv
http://www.geexbox.org

You don't want to sell a dedicated XBMC box with full Windows OS, and Android is still kind off pointless on x86
Thought it came with ram (OP makes it sound like it comes with ram). Luckily though, I upgraded my ram in my notebook and have 4GB of DDR3 ram notebook memory just chillin. Notebook memory is pretty cheat anyway so not a big deal and people will get a choice of how much ram they want. That's nice since a lot of people who build their own things (like people on this forum), have spare parts lying around that they will get to utilize.

The build looks "meh" but for $150 who can complain? Besides, it'll sit out of sight anyway doesn't need to be pretty.

I'm curious as to why you chose the Atom E3822 processor OP?
The Z3770 tablet processor of BayTrail is not only faster, but has more cores, and is quite cheap at $37 a processor (tray prices).
I'm guessing the integrated board was cheaper?
I found this: http://www.hectronic.se/website1/embedde...grp-s1/265 and I'm guessing that's pretty close to what you're using in this product.

I don't think the Z3770 is necessary (probably overkill) but was just curious as to how you came at a Atom E3822. I can't seem to find it anywhere easily. I guess it's not something you buy individually since on hectronic's site you have to request a quote. But I did find processors similar to the Atom E3822 on intel's website. The closest one I could find was slower/weaker than the processor you have for $37 MSRP (tray prices) as well. Which leads me to believe that the processor you have is slightly more expensive (maybe $40 a tray). I dunno if you have looked into it, but maybe you should look at the Z3770. If you can build the exact same product with that processor, you'd get more performance at the same price. Win for you and us.
But obviously this is just price speculation based on MSRPs that I'm finding online. I have no clue what they actually cost for you, especially since you're in the UK. I dunno why it's so hard to find intel's own processors you'd think they'd list them all on their website but nope
(2014-01-22, 18:45)LazerBlue Wrote: That's exactly what I would need for the bedroom TV's. Three questions I have are:
1: Would it be able to boot off the SD card
2: I noticed the case has a blank for HDMI in. Is the a future plan or was it a plan in the past that could not be implemented
3: Will there be a VESA mount option since its size would be perfect to mount to the back of a TV

I look forward to seeing the retail version.

Hi
1: Yes you can boot from SD
2: The HDMI in is for the Intel CE5300 version of the board which will be released as an HDMI encoder.
3: We will work on a simple metal VESA mount
Thought the rear USB ports were 3.0? Don't seem to be so in the casing pics?

Needs power switch or ability to switch on/off via remote?

Is the IR receiver RC6 compatibleHuh
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-01-22, 22:11)jammyb Wrote: Thought the rear USB ports were 3.0? Don't seem to be so in the casing pics?

Needs power switch or ability to switch on/off via remote?

Is the IR receiver RC6 compatibleHuh

Hi

The USB ports are USB 3.0, picture taken with CE5300 board in Chassis they are blue on Bay Trail, My mistake

Propose inline power switch if needed. Remote on/off should be possible

We are using Maxim MAXQ610J-0000+ IR chip. Don't know enough about RC6, should be possible.
hamk,

The more I hear, the more I like it!
(2014-01-22, 16:55)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 16:17)solamnic Wrote: a) Is there a vertical stand?

b) Outer dimensions (in cm) ?

c) Anyone knows if there is a CPU - GPU comparison for Atom E3822 (and his integrated GPU) vs lets sayt Atom 2500 with Nvidia GT610

d) An SSD or mssd drives can be fitted in? how?

e) Name of the product?

f) When it will be available?

g) RRP?

Hi
a) Not at this point could add to road map if enough interest
b) 150mm x 150mm at widest point.
c) Don't know of a comparison at the same cost
d) Using PCIe slot msata
e) Not ready to release
f) Board just finished want to release ASAP!!!
g) +/- $150/£90 without RAM or SD

Please give feedback

a) vertical stand would be really cool...
b) v nice
c) couldnt find any benchmarks
d) can you recommend a product (from ebay or amazon?)
e) .... Smile
f) Smile Smile Smile Smile
g) board + case = $150? or with the case it would cost more? (psu excluded?)
What on-board graphics will this system have?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'1