• 4(current)
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'
(2014-01-23, 00:50)solamnic Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 16:55)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 16:17)solamnic Wrote: a) Is there a vertical stand?

b) Outer dimensions (in cm) ?

c) Anyone knows if there is a CPU - GPU comparison for Atom E3822 (and his integrated GPU) vs lets sayt Atom 2500 with Nvidia GT610

d) An SSD or mssd drives can be fitted in? how?

e) Name of the product?

f) When it will be available?

g) RRP?

Hi
a) Not at this point could add to road map if enough interest
b) 150mm x 150mm at widest point.
c) Don't know of a comparison at the same cost
d) Using PCIe slot msata
e) Not ready to release
f) Board just finished want to release ASAP!!!
g) +/- $150/£90 without RAM or SD

Please give feedback

a) vertical stand would be really cool...
b) v nice
c) couldnt find any benchmarks
d) can you recommend a product (from ebay or amazon?)
e) .... Smile
f) Smile Smile Smile Smile
g) board + case = $150? or with the case it would cost more? (psu excluded?)
$150 Board + Case + PSU No RAM or SD

(2014-01-23, 09:33)joelbaby Wrote: What on-board graphics will this system have?
Hi
Extract from Intel PDF

• Intel's 7th generation (Gen 7) graphics and media encode/decode engine
• VED video decoder in addition to Gen 7 Media decoder
• Supports DX*11, OpenGL 3.0 (OGL 3.0), OpenCL 1.2 (OCL 1.2), OpenGLES 2.0
(OGLES 2.0)
• GPU shader is capable of up to 8 gigaflops
• 4x anti-aliasing
• Full HW acceleration for decode of H.264, MPEG2, MVC, VC-1, VP8, MJPEG
• Full HW acceleration for encode of H.264, MPEG2, MVC
• Supports 2.0 Stereoscopic 3D Stretch
• Polyphase 8 tap scaling
• HD HQV
- How does the CPU compare to the one in the Intel Nuc DN2820?
- Does it play Hi10p @1080p stutter free?
- Can it be turned on via IR?

If it's faster or as fast as the Intel Nuc I would really consider it.
(2014-01-23, 16:13)falc410 Wrote: If it's faster or as fast as the Intel Nuc I would really consider it.

Seems to be slower than N2820. ~1GHz less per core and GPU max frequency is ~100MHz slower.
(2014-01-23, 16:13)falc410 Wrote: - How does the CPU compare to the one in the Intel Nuc DN2820?
- Does it play Hi10p @1080p stutter free?
- Can it be turned on via IR?

If it's faster or as fast as the Intel Nuc I would really consider it.

Hi

Don't have direct comparison.
They are all from the same stable only number of cores, core speed, power consumption and price that differ.

IR on/off dependent on software
If this does sbs 3d and hd audio I'm probably going to buy one
(2014-01-23, 16:28)luksol Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 16:13)falc410 Wrote: If it's faster or as fast as the Intel Nuc I would really consider it.

Seems to be slower than N2820. ~1GHz less per core and GPU max frequency is ~100MHz slower.

Hi

We can build an E3845 Quad Core 1.9GHZ which I believe will be faster than N2820. But the power consumption is more up to 15W so we will have to make a slight mod to the case. The price will also increase to $175.

Please send me feedback
How does your dev boards run XBMC currently - that is the more important question.

What platform and market are you targeting? How about seeing some feedback on how its running on your samples?
(2014-01-23, 20:21)prae5 Wrote: How does your dev boards run XBMC currently - that is the more important question.

What platform and market are you targeting? How about seeing some feedback on how its running on your samples?

Hi

What comparisons would you like us to show against?
The product is not OS specific and our target market is worldwide.
(2014-01-23, 20:12)hamk Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 16:28)luksol Wrote:

Hi

We can build an E3845 Quad Core 1.9GHZ which I believe will be faster than N2820. But the power consumption is more up to 15W so we will have to make a slight mod to the case. The price will also increase to $175.

Please send me feedback

What about the Z3770 processor? That's a Quad core clocked at 1.6 ghz. It's $37 each (when purchased in bulk). The TDP is 7 same as the current processor and the price also looks to be very similar.
You are here hoping to get people interested in it for running XBMC on it, so people are going to want to see XBMC running on it.

Load linux / windows / openelec / android / what ever on a dev board and lets see how it handles video / skins / different kinds of content.

Thats whats going to get you the most feedback / input.
(2014-01-23, 20:43)prae5 Wrote: You are here hoping to get people interested in it for running XBMC on it, so people are going to want to see XBMC running on it.

Load linux / windows / openelec / android / what ever on a dev board and lets see how it handles video / skins / different kinds of content.

OP did tell me he'd send me one to do a test. Hopefully I do get one when they're finished or someone does get one to test on. I'd understand if I didn't get it since I'm in the US and he's in the UK.
(2014-01-23, 20:43)prae5 Wrote: You are here hoping to get people interested in it for running XBMC on it, so people are going to want to see XBMC running on it.

Many thanks for your feedback.
I get that and thats good of them.

That being said, they should have engineering samples that they are working on now. If they are serious about the XBMC market it would be good to get some feedback on how its running now / set expectations of what can be done with it.
(2014-01-23, 20:12)hamk Wrote: Hi

Please send me feedback

Hi hamk,

that sounds good. I wouldn't mind that little increase in power consumption but to be honest the best way to advertise is to either run Openelec on it and present some figures like power consumption, cpu utilization etc. Or just some plain old cpu benchmarks so we can actually compare your hardware to something else.
(2014-01-23, 21:05)prae5 Wrote: I get that and thats good of them.

That being said, they should have engineering samples that they are working on now. If they are serious about the XBMC market it would be good to get some feedback on how its running now / set expectations of what can be done with it.

Eh I agree but at the same time like I posted earlier in the thread, I prefer my benchmarks done from an outside source. I'd rather them send that engineering sample to someone and have that person run the tests. Either way though this is a big leap from the other similar threads like this started on this forum so you gotta give credit where it's due. Usually, a person just posts an advertisement for their product with a HUGE lack of information, answers very few if any questions, and it's basically a "Buy my terrible quality product that I made from picking up old parts that no one wanted / were overstock."
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel® Bay Trail 'OPEN STB'1