XBMC Gotham Upnp possibilities
I know is that some of the artwork isn't really standard across different UPnP applications. Posters probably work as some kind of "primary" image for the video, but the additional images, like banners or fanart, are probably looking at some Kodi-specific UPnP data. I'm not sure on the exact details, though. I have wondered if various media player groups like the Kodi project and the Media Browser project might want to collaborate on that and create a "mini standard" between groups, but I don't know if that would present any major challenges on the coding side of things (backwards compatibility, etc).
This would be truly exciting. I feel confident that UPNP will be the future of home media and has a lot more opportunity. I'll drop the Mediabrowser folks a message and connect them with you (if interest).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Media Browser will gladly participate if this takes off. We have a device profile editor built into our web interface where users can enable or disable features as needed for compatibility. So this kind of thing could be disabled by default and then enabled in the Kodi profile.
Ned, any idea / suggestion how to take this forward? Thanks!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I'll poke our guys towards this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216086

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Gotham Upnp possibilities0