Stopping failed stream playback
Hey all,

With the turning off of analog signal where I live my already shonky reception seems to have gotten worse. When xbmc doesnt receive a stream from the backend it gets stuck on working (with the circle spinning), with the error notification "No response from mythtv backend" popping up. If I press stop xbmc seems to freeze up, with the rss feed and working cirlce stopping moving. Xbmc will eventually display a channel unavailable notification and be useable again, but this can be 10+ minutes.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6795996/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6796031/
(I think the second log also contains the first log file)

13.0-ALPHA12 Git:c914d10
mythtv addon 1.9.14 compiled from fetzerch master
mythtv 0.27 +fixes

Any suggestions?
Ate you trying to use the analogue signal?

If yes, it has been turned off so forget it.

If no, perhaps your digital provider has moved some muxes to different frequencies following the analogue ones being freed up.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Im using dvb-t tuners and have tried rescanning channels in mythtv to no avail. Im going to bring up the reception issue at the next strata meeting but who knows if anything will happen about it.
You are in a shared antenna apartment block then? Good luck.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yeah I know... Sad
If your apartment faces the right direction, the broadcaster is close, your significant other doesn't freak out and you hold your mouth just right you may be able to use your own antenna.
I dont think that would work, were of the first floor plus theres alot of trees out the front of our balcony, plus it would be expensive to test. Sad I might try with one of the portable antennas that came with a tuner, and if it shows promise I could get a antenna... but having one on the balcony would drive me crazy, let alone the wife, I like our view.
Fingers crossed other people in the building have the same problem.
Yes I did mention 'significant other' acceptance was a prerequisite LOL.

I guess you could try to disguise it as some sort of modern art work.
Haha ultra modern clothes line.
Yeah! Those wet towels are moving the clothes line so much we lost reception in the middle of the superbowl!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stopping failed stream playback0