DTS-HD Problem
Hey all,

I am posting this as more of a generic post as I have a Pi and a Droibox MX both running XBMC.

Anyway, I have a few movies that are DTS-HD MA 5.1 however if I turn this option on they stop playing correctly. I have done some extensive investigation and its only when I have the DTS-HD audio option.

When I say they don't play correctly on the Driobox the movie stutters really bad to the point the movie takes a couple of minutes to see the start of the universal logo for example. On the Pi it loads normally until a min or two in and then sound scrambles and then the video stops.

Not sure if this is a known fault that has been reported or not but I just wanted to pass this on. It doesn't effect every movie with this option on but its normally because they are not coded in DTS-HD. So I am leaving the option turn off for now.

My amp is compatible to accept this audio stream too. Just as an extra nugget of info.
(2014-01-23, 13:39)cornwold Wrote: Hey all,

I am posting this as more of a generic post as I have a Pi and a Droibox MX both running XBMC.

Anyway, I have a few movies that are DTS-HD MA 5.1 however if I turn this option on they stop playing correctly. I have done some extensive investigation and its only when I have the DTS-HD audio option.

When I say they don't play correctly on the Driobox the movie stutters really bad to the point the movie takes a couple of minutes to see the start of the universal logo for example. On the Pi it loads normally until a min or two in and then sound scrambles and then the video stops.

Not sure if this is a known fault that has been reported or not but I just wanted to pass this on. It doesn't effect every movie with this option on but its normally because they are not coded in DTS-HD. So I am leaving the option turn off for now.

My amp is compatible to accept this audio stream too. Just as an extra nugget of info.

I am assuming that your Driobox can support the DTS-HD audio option. If it does not, then that would end the argument...
...however, if it does, then my experience can help: When I experienced a similar problem I solved it by changing the audio playback options one at the time (BTW my HTPC has an optical OUT, which is, in turn, connected to my audio receiver); then exiting XBMC; waiting 5 seconds (crazy, I know); powering XBMC up again and playing the desired movie. Once you find a set of configuration options that work as desired, try different movies (without rebooting). I wrote down the final configuration option just in case I have to do it again...
The Pi and just about every Android-based box in existence (including your MX box) can't handle "HD audio" passthrough. So yes, best to leave the DTS-MA option off. Then DTS-core will still be used, and everything plays nicely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD Problem0