LG google TV model 50GA6400 jittery playback
As hardware goes the TV is (maybe) a little slow, has a lag or a stutter would be a better desciption. My kindle fire 2012 8.9 plays movies just fine. What strikes me is that the other apps on this TV, like Amazon Prime or Redbox instant or NetFlix, ALL play fine, in HD.
The TV is a duo core Android device (so is my kindle).
XBMC app seems to be the trouble? top Heavy? I am running 12.3 Frodo. any thoughts? Hate to have to buy a PI just to have XBMC play smooth on a TV that runs the XBMC directly on an Android 4.2.2 platform.
Run a nightly build (wiki) for smooth HD video playback, as mentioned in the Android FAQ (wiki).
ok.
The Google TV has a GPU (400 Mali, CPU is 1.9 duo core, officially called a L9 Dual Core Processor), ETHERNET fed (not Wifi), not a "buffering" issue (video is pre-loading by several minutes ahead), other apps work fine, I will try the nightly build and also the sound options since I have a optical digital feed to the surround sound, no need for the CPU to try to put sound to the TV speakers.
I will update after weekend testing.
Well that was a nighmare. The "nightly build" was gotham. didnt play video, just sound, which SOUNDED great with no jitter, whoopee.
This APK is HUGE, 55M. installs to 27M. maybe too many bells and whistles? i had to uninstall totally because 12.3 wouldnt re-install because "13" was newer. so now i have to start over. what a pain.
Maybe when we get to the 18 "SunShine" or 20 " Utopia" APK. it will be ok?
Blush
It is a test build, after all. Had you posted before you uninstalled the v13 nightly build then we could have tried some things that might have fixed the problem, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
a MONTHLY build was the ticket. Cant wait for Gotham! TV is full speed ahead! Thanks for the suggestion.
I have the same TV and I am still have jittery playback. I installed the Gotham Beta 1 and by default the sound works with no picture. I disabled the hardware acceleration and I got very jittery picture. If I enable one or the other the picture disappears again. FYI, the same file works flawlessly on my nexus 7.
New to forum xbmc user for many years. Installed frodo on Lg ga7900 and got stuttering video and choppy sound. Went to nightly build of Gotham and have sound without video. Uninstalled all and tried monthly build turned off acceleration and still no video and xbmc froze up. Using 5ghz wifi with 95% signal strength loading files from network connected hard wired drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG google TV model 50GA6400 jittery playback0