Windows 8.1 - XBMC as a shell - volume control
Hello!

I encounter a problem that I don't find a way to solve it. I have upgraded my HTPC to Windows 8.1 and have set up XBMC to start as a shell following this guide: http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=522

XBMC starts as wanted and everything works fine except that I cannot control the volume in XBMC anymore. All button presses on my remote (Logitech Harmony) work as expected only if I press volume up or down nothing happens. When I start XBMC normal (not as shell) volume control works. So, I suppose that something from Windows which is needed for volume control in XBMC does not start correctly when I start XBMC as a shell but I can't figure out what...

I verry much appreciate if anyone could point me into a direction to solve that problem.

Thanks
futuro
What do you have the volume controls on the logitech mapped to?

It should be MCE keyboard then + for volume up and - for volume down, don't use the MCE volume actions as that is Windows volume that requires the normal explorer.exe shell I believe.
Thanks jjd-uk for your fast help... that did the trick.

One thing which I noticed and might help others with the same problem... While the + for volume up works on my keyboard, it didn't work on the remote. For the Harmony 700 remote I had to use equals (=) sign for volume up.
You can also use F10 and F9 to control the volume.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8.1 - XBMC as a shell - volume control0