Variable Playback Speed
I'm often watching videos for self training.
I find very useful accelerating the playback speed, saving a lot time and beeing more productive.
Usually I use a 1,3x (130%) speed incease. Good values are between 1,15x and 1,5x. More than 1,5 is almost always unconfortable.
For this I use VLC, but I'd love to get this feature in XBMC, and use it! Nod

Thanks.
Welcome to forums...

This is certainly not the first time this has been asked for, had you looked around first, nor will it be the last.

The key is, if no developer has any interest in said features, it wont get done and this hasn't.
Thanks for your answer uNiversal!
Well, I tried a search, but I didn't find anything about this thread. Good to know that there are more people asking for this. I think most part of them is asking for instruction needs.
May be one or more developer interested in culture and formation will consider this, one day, instead of the entertainment only... :-)
In the while I keep using VLC.
Thanks.
I think I understand what you're trying to say, for most part, though Im not sure what culture and formation have to do with this feature. Implementing this is more likely now then one year ago due to improvements in audio internals of xbmc.
(2014-01-24, 19:14)uNiversal Wrote: I think I understand what you're trying to say, for most part, though Im not sure what culture and formation have to do with this feature.

Example: you have to watch 3 video of 2 hours each.
Total: 6 hours

Playing at a 125% increment speed they became 3 video of 1 hours an a half.
Total: 4 hours 30 minutes. 1 1/2 hour less.

Concentration cannot last forever. Shorter is better.
Certain videos are quite slow. They became annoying.
in 1 1/2 hours saved time you can make a lot of litte pauses, relax (brain needs it!), study, play...

Not all the videos are suitable for this...
But certains video are suitable even for a 135% increment, or more... Big Grin
I would really love it too. I support this request. On my side, it would be more to check in details chinese martial arts movement in slow motion. It's very hard to learn when movements are executed at a high speed.
(2014-01-25, 04:28)LEDFan Wrote: ... it would be more to check in details chinese martial arts movement in slow motion. It's very hard to learn when movements are executed at a high speed.

That's an excellent use of the feature! I used VLC in the past for swimming.
So, not only an entertainment program, in a forest of similar ones (not so good, of course) but a powerful multimedia instrument, for studying and more.

All the ancient video equipment of the past (8 and super 8 projector, VHS, etc.) had the slow motion (several speeds). Today we could have it better, but we don't? Huh

Blush
Any news on this?
This may look like a silly feature, but it does save some valuable time, and once you get used to it for certain things, it becomes annoyingly slow to go without it.

My wife is starting to get addicted to watching korean dramas in slightly higher speeds (with subtitles you barely notice.. and each episode becomes ~20 minutes shorter) and we had to stop using kodi because this feature isn't supported.
Personally i think any self-respecting mediaplayer should be able to do this. Even the really old players have this 'feature' and there are many use cases anyone can think of.
All we need is a dev that recognizes this _and_ is willing to spend his valuable time. I am not holding my breath ;-)
Just going to leave this here for further reference http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144460
I am also going to support this as I write music and sometimes the instrumental im writing to needs to be speeded up or slowed down and have to resort to programs outside of kodi. Seems like this funtion is useful for many reasons
Looks like this got implemented!
Awesome.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10216

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Variable Playback Speed0