Sync SMB Folders to Xbox
i'm using a pc with bittorrent + rss + ftp scheduling + xbmc = automatically downloaded tv programs system right now, and while it's fuctional, it would be nice if xbmc had some sort of synchronization functionality.

i.e. i'd like to be able to point xbmc to a smb share and say, whenever a new file with a specific extension comes into this folder, download it to this folder on your harddrive.

i'm guessing that's something that python would be capable of.
explain your setup and how you currently use it in more detail and maybe we can help out.

gamma-x script has a lot of smb functionality that i'm sure could be used as a good base for what you want.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i have my pc set up to automatically download tv programs through bittorrent and rss, then i have an ftp program on my tv automatically upload the downloaded programs to my xbox.

i was wondering if there's any way to replace the ftp program on my computer with a script in xbmc that would download the programs from a smb share on the computer.
why don't you just play it straight from the smb share?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync SMB Folders to Xbox0