VERY minor, non-critical text 'bug'
Now that we can see the text Big Grin, is there any reason why it seems to be higher than the 'objective' text?

Considering how little you end up inputting text, its not exactly a huge problem, just doesn't look right whenever you have to Tongue
seriously...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-26, 17:19)Memphiz Wrote: seriously...

I did try hard to stress that it wasn't serious lol. I seem to like things to be aligned - its annoying haha Sad

Since you like to tell people to 'get coding' I thought it probably best that I see if I can see what it is Undecided I've never done iOS code or looked at the xbmc code on github. So I'm probably completely wrong but;

I was looking at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/89d728...ardView.mm - Could be a great start if that wasn't the place to look Big Grin

I presume what I think is normal (the text on the left) is the _heading? So its a UILabel. And the text that seems higher is the _textfield? Which is UITextField. As far as I can see its just using the default alignment from UIKit which is left, so that shouldn't be causing the problem.

This makes me think that maybe the _textField.frame is being placed 'ever so slightly' above the _heading.frame, which wouldn't be noticeable outside of the text alignment as they are within the textFieldFrame and labelFrame? So I think the issue might lie in the method '- (void)layoutSubviews'. Unfortunately that method is slightly above my programming skill level so will probably take me a bit longer to analyse - Which I am happy to do if you think I am on the right lines lol Confused but its probably more likely that I'm looking at the wrong things and I should just stop.
Edit: Actually, they both have the same y origin so probably isn't that. Or do they? '_textField.frame.origin.y :' is what is confusing me Sad

Nonetheless I thought I'd attempt something productive rather than expecting you to do everything, even if it probably hasn't worked out Tongue.
Sorry for wasteing your time Sad

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c7ef...ec9b4e8980
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-27, 11:06)Memphiz Wrote: Sorry for wasteing your time Sad

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c7ef...ec9b4e8980

Not in the slightest! It was a good learning experience haha. I take it my first instinct was mostly right, but I couldn't find a vertical alignment Tongue

My main concern is that it didn't take up / waste your time Wink

Nice way to end the topic though - the change is already in the latest nightly:

Doesn't that look better Cool ?
Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VERY minor, non-critical text 'bug'0