What picture add-on do you suggest ?
Hello

I have mainly used XBMC for video and audio and it works very well with the setup I got now.
Now its time to focus on pictures, photos.
I want to show my pictures to friends and family using XBMC.
What I have now is pictures in different foldes with names on and I can show them as a slideshow with a zoom feature. I guess that is the standard way to show pictures.
Are there any other ways to do this by using a add-on or whatever ?
I would like to have instead of folders by name also folders by a tumbnail AND name and also to have a background music when I show my pictures. Maybe pre-selected a music selection so that I don't need to start the music every time I start the slideshow. And maybe some more fading features.
I guess what I am looking for is a way to show my pictures with more feature selections than what the standard XBMC gives me.

Any suggestions ?

Petter
*BUMP*
*bump*
Anyone, anyone -- Bueller?
I would like to know as well what people recommend
(2014-12-15, 19:27)SSmoker Wrote: I would like to know as well what people recommend

Me too Huh
I don't think a plugin or feature like you describe exists for Kodi as yet.

But yeah, I would love this as well. A gallery 'plugin' (or rather: standard feature) that would show the pictures in your (network) folder as a borderless grid of pictures that fill the whole screen, e.g. 8 pictures on a normal HD screen. Like in Google Driver or Microsoft OneDrive photo galleries. And then it would be great to have several transitions in a slideshow.

I guess everyone who uses the Pictures function wants something like that, but it would be a lot of programming. As I can't even program 'Hello World', I'm not gonna ask someone else to volunteer... But it would be nice. Wink
I've been sniffing around skins for a good view for pictures but there isn't a really good one.

I bodged one up for artic zephyr...if you go to skin section you can see it shows 4 to view.

Mypicsdb is a good pluggin for creating a library of your pictures..... 133905 (thread)
Can sort whole collection by date, look at just last ten days and show all videos in your collections amongst other things.
But what's about background music? I want to select music when the start a slideshow. Is it implemented in some add-on or skin?
Not seen a feature like that I'm afraid.

Tvtunes addon comes with a screensaver where you can pick the folder to use pictures from, has various view options and I think you can add music to the screensaver as well.

Not ideal but would that work for you?
It is too complicated Sad I know more simple workaround: set visualization=off, start background music , switch to pictures and start slideshow. But it is strange, that nobody creates a visualization plugin, which takes photo from mediabase.
I love kodi but when it comes to picture related stuff, even views in skins, it can be bit lacking.

Just the way it is with opensource I'm afraid, no one gets paid so popular things get pushed forward where as less popular things get left.

Barring the my pictures database, I haven't seen any developments really with pictures since started using xbmc years ago...I could be wrong, but nothing major comes to mind.
Man, I would love that. I literally just got the photos from my wedding and was looking for a way to do just this. I mean something, ANYTHING. I have synology server and that comes with DS Photo, of which there is an android app. But I'd much rather have a native add-on.
My Pictures Database:

1) Create a collection
2) Add pictures to it
3) From main menu go to "Collections"
4) Select the collection
5) Press C for context menu
6) Select "Add playlist to collection"

The playlist must be a playlist!!! You cannot select a title, artist or album.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Stupid question, how do you create a playlist for pictures?
You've to create a music playlist which is added to the collection
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What picture add-on do you suggest ?0